Thread: Wall Tent Camping in Anchorage

Default Wall Tent Camping in Anchorage

Hey guys
    I'm in anchorage for the summer and I have a job already so I really don't want to move. Rent up here is crazy and so I've been looking into staying in a wall tent for the summer. Does anybody know of any places near or around anchorage where I could put up a wall tent for the summer?

In the living room of the place you rent! Not much of that near Anchorage. You can call the tv parks in town. Golden nugget, and there is one by ship creek. I think it's mostly all RV though. Good luck.

Haha make sure you call those tv parks!

Go down round viking road and look for a homeless wanderer we call the " hoody". I bet he'd let you shack up with him on "his" hillside behind our plant. He wanders all over that area, usually wears a dark blue hoody, now he's got a new green puffy coat. Careful though he's extremely mental. I think he may have killed for that jacket.

Release Lake Trout

It is sad there isn't a decent campground in Anchorage. I guess there is no extra land for such a thing. I guess you could find a cheap camper to sleep in and camp at walmart or a school parking lot that's not used in the summer. Good luck to you.

"MAN'UP" and pay the rent, or go back where you came from. If you don't want to be part of the system, that is OK. But, if your not part of the social economical system, then you are a parasite leaching off that system. NOTE: if your goal was/is to destroy said system, well, you have my support.

Quote Originally Posted by sirandrew View Post
    Hey guys
    I'm in anchorage for the summer and I have a job already so I really don't want to move. Rent up here is crazy and so I've been looking into staying in a wall tent for the summer. Does anybody know of any places near or around anchorage where I could put up a wall tent for the summer?
    Quote Originally Posted by chinookee2004 View Post
    It is sad there isn't a decent campground in Anchorage. I guess there is no extra land for such a thing. I guess you could find a cheap camper to sleep in and camp at walmart or a school parking lot that's not used in the summer. Good luck to you.
    http://www.muni.org/Departments/park...s/Camping.aspx
    This is the only "public" camping area in Anchorage. There are a few private RV camping/parking areas, but I have never seen them allow tents. There are a few national forest campgrounds along the Seward highway.

All public camp grounds in AK allow for a 14 day maxium stay to prevent squatters. Even undeveloped public land has this restriction for the same reason. That said the camp ground in the link I posted has had people live there in their car all summer until they closed for the winter. That was documented in articles on the working homeless population of Anchorage.