Thread: BOG Changes 2014-2015

Default BOG Changes 2014-2015

I can't find a thread on this anywhere. If I missed it let me know and I'll kill this one. Here are a few changes that caught my attention.

Summary of Board of Game Changes for 2014-2015

Griz over bait 20A and 20B next year.

"Units 20A, 20B, 24C, 24D, 25D, allow the take of brown bear over black bear bait stations. "

Am I reading this right? No guide needed for NR hunters except Kodiak Brown Bear? Or just no agreement required between a client and specific guide before applying for a draw tag?

"Repeal the guide-client agreement requirement in all hunts except the Kodiak Brown Bear hunts; effective July1, 2015. "

Looks like residents will have a better chance at drawing TMA than non-residents?

SHEEP
    Unit 19C,
    establish a resident only winter registration hunt Oct. 1 Ė April 30, for any sheep less than 3⁄4 curl,
    broomed rams, lambs and ewes with lambs prohibited. Use of aircraft is prohibited, except into the airports atMcGrath, Telida and Nikolai. Sealing will be required.
    Units 12, 13C, and 20D, Tok Management Area, change nonresident allocation to a fixed 10% of the permits,retaining the existing 50% cap for nonresidents hunting with a relative, and advised the department to separate thedrawing hunts for residents and nonresidents. Effective winter draw application period 2014.
    Statewide, redefine broken sheep horns to clarify that both tips must be broken in order to meet criteria for a full-curl ram.

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

All they did was do away with the agreement required between a client and specific guide before applying for a draw tag? From, it listening to the BOG comments, it seemed more admin than anything else.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Statewide, redefine broken sheep horns to clarify that both tips must be broken in order to meet criteria for a full-curl ram.
    Not quite understanding this one..... Wouldn't they mean "to meet the criteria to be called a broomed ram"....??? Full curl or not would still be immaterial.....no?
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Not quite understanding this one..... Wouldn't they mean "to meet the criteria to be called a broomed ram"....??? Full curl or not would still be immaterial.....no?
    You are right, I thought the same thing. Talk about adding some more to the confusion.
    Anyway, I"ll be up next fall boys for a brown bear hunt. How about a nice airboat ride down the Talkeetna River? I'll bring a lunch!

Perry,

I think Brian posted on this a while back.

Inre TMA sheep, it used to be "up to" 10% of tags allocated to nonresidents iirc. They changed it to a fixed 10% allocation to nonres. Residents already had a much better chance of drawing. This really doesn't change that much statistically.