Thread: Caines Head in 1 day

Default Caines Head in 1 day

Hi all,

I'm looking to do Caines Head in one day a couple of weeks from now and was wondering if anyone else had comments/suggestions on doing a day hike at Caines Head. Plan to take the water taxi and arrive at North Beach at 9 AM, depart at 4 PM.

Trying to get a feel for time required to start on the Alpine Trail, continue onto the loop trail, then South Beach Trail, stop by the fort (if time), and make it back to North Beach by 3:30 PM. Is this realistic? Thanks!

Default Caines Head

Quote Originally Posted by matsupioneer View Post
    Hi all,

I'm looking to do Caines Head in one day a couple of weeks from now and was wondering if anyone else had comments/suggestions on doing a day hike at Caines Head. Plan to take the water taxi and arrive at North Beach at 9 AM, depart at 4 PM.

Trying to get a feel for time required to start on the Alpine Trail, continue onto the loop trail, then South Beach Trail, stop by the fort (if time), and make it back to North Beach by 3:30 PM. Is this realistic? Thanks!
    You can definately get through Alpine trail to south beach and make it back to north beach. As long as you are taking a water taxi out there you will be ok, starting at north beach instead of the starting at the trail head leading to Tonsina Point cuts out half the hike. You will not have to worry about the tide changes if you take a water taxi which saves you a lot of time. Enjoy I was out there a couple weeks ago it was beautiful.