Thread: first time I've had others on my bait

Default first time I've had others on my bait

Tonight took the trail cam pictures out and when I got home noticed a couple that moved through my site Wednesday at 9 and came out at dark 11:20 seems pretty sad that others would hunt a persons bait that does all that work . I'm kinda disgusted tonight as I try and help a lot of people.

I've never seen these people before I will pull my stands tomorrow so they don't steal them.

That's illegal, did you report it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were they actually hunting over your bait set, or just innocently passing through? I've more than once come upon bait stands while traveling cross country during bait season. Nothing illegal about passing through on public lands, whether you're hunting, or not.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Leave them a copy of the bear baiting regs on your way out? Oh, and a good print of them from the camera. The sad thing is that most people don't mind sharing if they are asked.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/re...iting_regs.pdf

“You may not:
    - use another’s bait station without their written permission. You must write your hunting license number on the permit at each site you intend to hunt over and carry the written permission with you while in the field.”

Good point. My wife and i stumbled upon someones bait barrel the other night. Had no idea it was there until we were nearly upon it. No markings on the trail or anything. We backed out as quick as we could but if he had a trail cam we might have been on it. Maybe it was us, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Were they actually hunting over your bait set, or just innocently passing through? I've more than once come upon bait stands while traveling cross country during bait season. Nothing illegal about passing through on public lands, whether you're hunting, or not.
    His post literally says they were hunting it?

well the picture didn't have them in the stand only in at 9 out at 1100 with rifle and there is not another trail around anyway bad picture so you couldn't report anything if you wanted

I'll keep my eyes out for ya I'm heading out tonight to check my cam and see if there was visitors as well

let me know if you get hit by a black

No Blackie just that sow and her cubs. She has been eating me out of house and home

she charged m son from behind the other night

Yea we heard her rustling around behind us when we were filling the barrel. She doesn't scare to easy that's for sure

How do i get this ole girl to move on

Leave the barrel empty for a week, maybe longer. If there is other baiters around you may not get rid of her.

Quote Originally Posted by sprink907 View Post
    How do i get this ole girl to move on
    Often sow grizzly with cubs are very wary of humans and will try to keep cubs away from humans. Giving her a big scare when she comes in will often move them along. Not always, but has worked for me.