Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kenai King sonar count ?

Default Kenai King sonar count ?

Anyone know what the daily count is ?

It was 28 per day the last three days. Slightly less than three hundred cumulative so far as I recall . Slightly better than last year but that isn't saying much. Hope they are late but it isn't looking very good so far.

"Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Good thing those dirty set netters don't have their nets out 😝

When will tye just shut te river down go all king fishing?? It should have happened years ago but the god**** greedy charter guys just think about the money not the fact that try are killing some if the very few kings that are returning. They are just as much to blame as anyone else is time to take some responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by homer907 View Post
    When will tye just shut te river down go all king fishing?? It should have happened years ago but the god**** greedy charter guys just think about the money not the fact that try are killing some if the very few kings that are returning. They are just as much to blame as anyone else is time to take some responsibility.
    This is a distraction from the real problem. It ain't a freshwater problem, it's an ocean problem. Google ADF&G's Tom Vania to see what he says is causing the statewide crisis of the king population.

If you don't believe it's an ocean issue, care to explain why Ship Creek, a king fishery that is 100% hatchery, isn't getting their fish back. How about the Kasilof? It's enhanced too and the run is terrible. What about the Nelson River which has no sport fishing for kings and their fish aren't coming back as well.

Sport fisherman and commercial fisherman should both be pi**ed about why the kings aren't coming back instead of fighting with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by penguin View Post
    This is a distraction from the real problem. It ain't a freshwater problem, it's an ocean problem. Google ADF&G's Tom Vania to see what he says is causing the statewide crisis of the king population.

If you don't believe it's an ocean issue, care to explain why Ship Creek, a king fishery that is 100% hatchery, isn't getting their fish back. How about the Kasilof? It's enhanced too and the run is terrible. What about the Nelson River which has no sport fishing for kings and their fish aren't coming back as well.

Sport fisherman and commercial fisherman should both be pi**ed about why the kings aren't coming back instead of fighting with each other.
    Agreed, honestly I think it is an ocean problem to, and some of it has to deal with pollck.

Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    Agreed, honestly I think it is an ocean problem to, and some of it has to deal with pollck.
    Yup have you seen the #'s of Kings killed in by catch for pollock. craz y. ppl love their FILLET O FISH at McDs and other fast food fish. they use miles of nets and drag up every thing. all kings are 100% dead when by catch.
    Got to look good even in defeat. IMAGE is everything.

Yep each winter in the gulf 150k tons of feeder kings dumped over the sides.

Really??? Is there really no better user group to place blame on for statewide king shortages than the Kenai river guides? I am extremely impressed those guys must be the best fisherman in the world to be able to wipe out king runs from the Yukon to most of cook inlet. That's got to be some impressive bait to be able to draw fish from a thousand miles out to gang rape a hook from a charter boat.
    Comercial catch in upper cook inlet is more every year than the total Kenai river sport/guide catch. But it's still those **** Kenai river guides. We need to keep those 350-400 guides contained because if they can do that much state wide damage fishing only one river, just imagine if they were to spread out. They would wipe out entire oceans.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    Really??? Is there really no better user group to place blame on for statewide king shortages than the Kenai river guides? I am extremely impressed those guys must be the best fisherman in the world to be able to wipe out king runs from the Yukon to most of cook inlet. That's got to be some impressive bait to be able to draw fish from a thousand miles out to gang rape a hook from a charter boat.
    Comercial catch in upper cook inlet is more every year than the total Kenai river sport/guide catch. But it's still those **** Kenai river guides. We need to keep those 350-400 guides contained because if they can do that much state wide damage fishing only one river, just imagine if they were to spread out. They would wipe out entire oceans.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Their not responsible for the #s problem, just the size problem...

And the boat launch problem...

And the...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have closed it. Where've you been? http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/eonr/i...1909&year=2014

Yep each winter in the gulf 150k tons of feeder kings dumped over the sides.
    This is so true. When is the last time you saw headlines about this user group? Not only Kings by-catch, but a lot of other fish and crabs. I've seen videos of the Pollack operation and it's amazing the fish they have in those nets when they bring them in. I guess they must be feeding the politicians.

M

By the way, as of Friday, May 30th...................28 Kings through the Sonar. Not updated as of 1230 June 2nd.

M

I can't believe twice as many Kings have pushed into the Anchor compared to the Kenai, and that river is dismal too.

The thing that is really funny is that the trawl fleet is laughing hard on this one. The sport's are fighting the guides and they are all fighting the com fish fleet that targets reds. In the mean time the trawl fleet is taking way more and wasting them than all the other groups combined. Its time to take a good hard look at bycatch. Same thing is going on with halibut yet you hardly ever see it mentioned here.

Doubt they even know nor would they care.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    The KeenEye MD

Quote Originally Posted by fishNphysician View Post
    Doubt they even know nor would they care.
    That's just it.... We all know the bycatch problem is totally out of hand, and yet you really don't hear that much about it. It stands to reason that people with deep pockets have quite a bit of influence when it comes to this. Hey......gotta keep those fish sandwiches coming outta all those fast food places.

It's hard to understand how people would actually value pollack over salmon. Like I said...people with deep pockets absolutely LOVE pollack......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Past week of passage estimates has been an average of 39 fish per day…. OH MY!

Better than last year, but not by much.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/FishCo...n.kenaiChinook
    The KeenEye MD

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    That's just it.... We all know the bycatch problem is totally out of hand, and yet you really don't hear that much about it. It stands to reason that people with deep pockets have quite a bit of influence when it comes to this. Hey......gotta keep those fish sandwiches coming outta all those fast food places.

It's hard to understand how people would actually value pollack over salmon. Like I said...people with deep pockets absolutely LOVE pollack......
    Does anyone on here know how they fish for pollock? And how is it possible they catch so much of everything else? I dont doubt we all know one of the bigger issues here, but is there a reasonable to reduce or prevent the number of kings caught? From what I know they drag a big net and scoop everything up, and that is all I know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast