Thread: Evinrude News

Default Evinrude News

Any of you more informed members dialed in on this

STURTEVANT, Wis., – Club Evinrude is more than a dealer conference. It’s the kick off event to the future of the outboard marine industry. On Friday, June 13, at 7:30 p.m., BRP executives together with the Evinrude management, will change the way you look at the outboard engine industry.
    “Our announcement at the Global Reveal on Friday, June 13th is something you don’t want to miss,” said Chris Berg, director of marketing and strategic planning for Evinrude. “With this announcement comes a new era of outboards.”

Quote Originally Posted by Garyak View Post
    “With this announcement comes a new era of outboards.”
    Hmmmm.....

Son of Etech?

Or would that be Etech II?

Neighbor has spent the last couple of weeks trying to get his 2-year old Etech running without any luck. Meanwhile the rest of us are catching kings and halibut. Got a pool going to see how long it takes him to ask one of us Yami or Suzi guys for a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Hmmmm.....

Son of Etech?

Or would that be Etech II?

Neighbor has spent the last couple of weeks trying to get his 2-year old Etech running without any luck. Meanwhile the rest of us are catching kings and halibut. Got a pool going to see how long it takes him to ask one of us Yami or Suzi guys for a ride!
    I don't know, but I bet a lot of guys would freak out if they launched a new line of 4 strokes or some such thing...

News is out...E-Tec G2...6 new outboards between 200-300 hp. Interesting look and they claim 500 hrs before first scheduled maintenance.

http://www.chooseyouretec.com/en-us/

I believe the 5 years!....did my first service
    At 3 years last year with my etecs from 2011...
    Good to go for another 3 the service guy said!!

Im waiting.for 9.9 hp etec!! HELLO???.

29' Wooldridge Pilot House, Twin 200 Hp Etecs! "...Pez Gordo..."
    18' Wooldridge Sport with 200 hp sport jet. "...Little Pez..."

That 300 is 580 pounds! You would think these days they would try and shoot for something lighter. At this rate a 9.9 would be 100 pounds.

Ron
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Watched the whole video on the new Etec, interesting. Ran my first 200 Etec seven years in the muddy stuff in the interior, changed the plugs when I sold it, didn't need to. Have a 200 HO on my new 20 ft Wooldridge XL with the power pump and Wooldridge's new 7 7/8 four blade SS impeller. Greatest boat I've ever run, faster, lower RPM, less fuel burn and fun to drive. Old mans 747!