Thread: AK DU and AWA Waterfowl Clinic for Youth

Default AK DU and AWA Waterfowl Clinic for Youth

Lots of information here gents...if you have questions, please call Tom or myself.

Bottom line is this is a great one day waterfowl clinic for kids, they will see, smell, hear and experience what waterfowling is all about.

Thanks
    Hugh

We are cranking up action to conduct another Youth Waterfowl Hunting Clinic on July 26 at Rabbit Creek Shooting Park. The clinic will generally follow the model we used in 2012 and I have used for other “beginner” clinics—a packed full day that provides an introduction to the kinds of knowledge, skills, and ethical behavior it takes to be a proficient waterfowl hunter. Our goals are to stimulate young hunters to develop an interest in waterfowl hunting, encourage them to enjoy practicing hunting skills, and to connect with their family or community members to get out into the marshes and fields for the rewards we appreciate. We are fortunate to have contributions from Alaska Department of Fish & Game, Alaska Outdoor Heritage Foundation, and the Alaska Waterfowl Association for the basic equipment and supplies needed for the clinic. We are charging $20.00 per student to cover daily range fees and to add a sense of value to committed attendance. At this stage, we do have some needs that are important:

1. We need a sponsor to serve or underwrite picnic lunches for 40 people—perfect for a local restaurant or food service looking for publicity (alternately, a grill master and some servers will do).

2. Last time we provided each youngster a free Ducks Unlimited Greenwing membership to encourage involvement in conservation and maintain interest through the magazine and other youth-oriented information. If each of us sponsors a clinic student for $15.00 we will provide each participant a continuing source of education and encouragement. To sponsor a kid, mail a check for $15 each, payable to Thomas Rothe to the address below.

3. Clinic Team volunteers: If you are interested in helping to register kids, wrangle participants, pass ammunition or teach specific hunting skills (calling, decoys, etc.), please call me ASAP to discuss the event and your expertise. Note that all volunteers at youth events must sign a “good conduct” agreement and may be subject to background checks. Note that the age range is 12-17 to ensure that students are physically and behaviorally able to safely handle a youth shotgun under direct supervision. Please contact me to discuss concerns about student qualifications. My co-instructor and I will make final determinations about which participants may take part in shooting activities. RIGHT NOW, JOB #1 IS TO GET THE WORD OUT TO RECRUIT YOUNGSTERS FOR THE 20-30 SLOTS IN THE CLINIC !! Please feel free to copy and post the attached flyer, contact parents of young hunters, and let me know if there are youth groups that may be interested. Have prospective parents and kids call me ASAP to sign up. I will need registration paperwork, parental permission, and commitments to attend NO LATER THAN JULY 18.

Tom RotheEagle River, AK(907) 694-9068 Hm/Office(907) 240-1717 Cell
    Hugh Clark, (907) 830-0718

Thanks
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Dont forget about this awesome event put on by AWA and Alaska DU. Great day to get a youngster involved in waterfowl hunting. Only a one day clinic. Please register if you have not done so. Limited slots and may already be full.

Thanks for the support.
    Hugh
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.