Thread: replacement gunnels ?? Wenonah Spirit II

Default replacement gunnels ?? Wenonah Spirit II

I'm the lucky temporary recipient of a Tuff-Weave Spirit II that decided it wasn't ready to go home and hopped off the top of the truck into the ditch and suffered a bit of road rash. Honestly - nothing major damage wise to the hull (some gel coat work to do and a bit of glass work inside) but the aluminum gunnels are trashed!

Anyone know of a quick source for replacements or suitable substitute - relatively local to Anchorage? I've already sourced potential vendors down south - but we're not paying the freight for full length aluminum to be shipped up. And he doesn't want to wait on wood.

It got dropped off in my yard with a note "OOPS!! Please tell me it can be fixed" If it was mine, I'd start forming wood - but like I said he don't wanna take the time for that project...

Any help or suggestions? It was his mistake and it's his money - I just get to fix it.

Thanks

wilderness way in soldotna and beaver sports in fairbanks both deal with wenonah canoes. they might be able to get you what you need.

have you tried Greer tanks Anchorage for your metal they have long sticks shipped in all the time it might help SID

Thanks to both of you.

Time to make phone calls.