Thread: Homer Harbor Webcam

Default Homer Harbor Webcam

New webcam for the Homer Harbor brought to you by the Homer Chamber of Commerce!

Great to see this.
    Dan

Where do you find it? Been hoping for this for a long.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

That's cool.. Any idea how often it refreshes? I've checked several times and see no movement of any kind. That seagull, or whatever kind of bird it is has been sitting on that light pole for a long time.

Not sure what the value is except maybe if your boat is in the field. Can't really glean much other info from harbor water. Maybe ice and snow condition in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    Where do you find it? Been hoping for this for a long.
    Here's the address: http://www.homeralaska.org/chamber/homer-harbor-webcam

There is a shorter link. I can't remember what it is… If that doesn't work, just let me know.

Thanks it worked. Not the picture I was hoping for.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

I'll be removing the ads on the top of the page, but in the meantime, scroll down the page to see the image. It refreshes every 15 seconds...Seagulls can sit in a spot a loooooong time.

Should be working instead of planning the next fishing adventure.

What would be uber cool would be to have a small windsock on one of the pole as high as possible (maybe on light pole on the ramp) to gauge wind speed and direction.

I 'm not seeing weather stations that used to be located right on the spit on a few of my weather maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
    Should be working instead of planning the next fishing adventure.

What would be uber cool would be to have a small windsock on one of the pole as high as possible (maybe on light pole on the ramp) to gauge wind speed and direction.

I 'm not seeing weather stations that used to be located right on the spit on a few of my weather maps.
    FishWeather app gives wind speed and direction at spit and around KB/ Inlet. Free.

Very cool, thanks for sharing. I would be awesome if someone could put up a flag or wind sock within view of the camera!

What would be so much more valuable would be a webcam on roof of Land's End pointed West at the water so we could see swells. This harbor view does nothing for me.

And what happened to the wave height buoy at the entry to KB. Lost again??

Just got an email that buoy should be back up in July. Sweet.

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffhanger View Post
    New webcam for the Homer Harbor brought to you by the Homer Chamber of Commerce!
    Love it!!! Fishing 12 months out of a year round here, I run into some ice in the harbor once and a while, I can see the whole bay from my living room window, but it sure would be nice to monitor the ice in and out of the harbor when it shows, from my computer, Will let me know if i need to move boat around the harbor , or if im just flat froze in and need to cancel a trip,. Good on ya chamber!! all i can hope for in the summer is that it captures the jack ass that steals my gaffs, and hose's See ya on the Salt