Thread: Tangle Lakes?

Default Tangle Lakes?

I have a 3 day weekend to burn starting Friday. Does anyone know if Tangle Lakes is open yet? I want to land a laker on my fly rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
    I have a 3 day weekend to burn starting Friday. Does anyone know if Tangle Lakes is open yet? I want to land a laker on my fly rod.
    Won't be open till at least the second week of June but if you search up Tangle River Inn and give them a call They can tell you more up to date info
    There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Do you mean is the water open or is the campground open?

Water should be open by now. If the campground isn't, there are some nice "informal" areas to camp along the roadside on the Paxson side of the Tangle River bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
    Do you mean is the water open or is the campground open?

Water should be open by now. If the campground isn't, there are some nice "informal" areas to camp along the roadside on the Paxson side of the Tangle River bridge.
    I've never seen the water open before June in my life, It must be a warm year if it's already open
    There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Doubt if Tangle has total open water yet. Was at Paxson on Sunday and Paxson was still 75 percent ice covered. Much cooler up that way compared to glennallen area.
    Still was ice on most of lake Louise too this past weekend. I did manage to get 2 twenty inch lakers out of my kayak on Louise on Saturday. That may be a good option for you. Ten ft of water right out in front of state campgrd boat put in.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!