Thread: Wall hanger or let it walk?

Default Wall hanger or let it walk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's up to you, looks like good hair and they are great on the BBQ

It's all what a guy wants

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Bang!!!!!!!!!!

Very pretty hide, average sized bear. Should square about 5 1/2'

boy that sure looks like a cub brown to me. but I have not seen a color phase black ever. but I do have a cub brown at my bait that looks just like that. even if you are in a brown area that bear might not be legal. I was told that they go by skull size to determine legal or not. and I know 16 is too small. Ill try and put up a pic of the cub on my bait.EK000083.jpg

In Ringo907's pic, that looks more like a color phased black bear then brown bear to me. The brown bear cub's head and shoulders are different, blockier. Not so on Ringo's. I'd be at full draw if I were sitting on a bait and he came in.

I see what you are saying. the cub though does have a lot of den rub right behind the shoulders which could make it look like a hump. I saw this cub in person and I think it is a boar. the bear in question looks more like a sow build. I also think I can see some long light colored claws on the bear in question. What unit is this in. That might help.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jrchambers View Post
    I see what you are saying. the cub though does have a lot of den rub right behind the shoulders which could make it look like a hump. I saw this cub in person and I think it is a boar. the bear in question looks more like a sow build. I also think I can see some long light colored claws on the bear in question. What unit is this in. That might help.
    The griz cub is young enough to not really have a distinctive hump yet. Ringo's bear appears mature and there's no inkling of a hump, whatsoever. The nose is "pointier" on Ringos bear, blockier "squareish" on yours. Ringo's is leaning towards a sow blackie in my book. The claws are too hard to see and make a determination on the computer without seeing the actual SD card pic's. Ears don't mean too much on either. If in unit 14, I'd still draw down on Ringo's, but not yours. If in 7, 13, 15, or 16, they'd both get it!!

you may be right. but as far as mature I would call that a stretch. it sure does look like a blackie but the overall body shape and head contour tells me very young.

Right now, with the luck I have had this year I would drill it! But its definitely not a very mature bear. My money is on a cinnamon blackie...
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

It looks like a young one, wouldn't square 5 ft from the pictures.
    Might be like this one and kicked out by mom.

After further thought I've decided to let her go with high hopes she will live on to breed.
    For all wondering if it's a grizz or not, she was 100% NOT.

Hard to say anything based on previous posts made by ringo. He/she likes getting people excited about hunting, but posts fake kills/encounters to do so.
    One side of my brain really hates Ringo, the other side enjoys his/her posts and likes that someone is out there while I can't be. All things considered, if you would like to stick that bear, then do so. I would if legal. Irrespective of other posts made by Ringo, getting approval for an animal that you may harvest, on an Internet forum, seems weird to me. I need a shower or something, and feel bad for participating.

Really funny no one mentioned the ghosts in the photo... thought at first it was from taking the photos through a window, but looks much more like the photos were captured from a television set.

YOU ARE THE MAN DON!!
    So sorry I made a hunting fib in previous posts and am now asking my fellow internet hunters what they would do if that bear came in.
    I will live my life 100% serious from now on.
    No hunting fibs or fish lies.
    Your an inspiration to me DON.
    Hunting and fishing is serious business not to be joked about amungst peers.
    With that said I must come clean..
    4 years ago I caught a fish while by myself, it was a 14 inch grayling but I told all my buddies back at the fire it was 18.
    I feel horrible about it.
    But after you making light out of my life, I do feel a little better about confessing and changing my ways.