Thread: Fish Are At Chitina

Default Fish Are At Chitina

Just got off the Hem's Charters recorded hotline; there's fish showing up at the federal spot above the bridge in Chitina... grab your goods guys; it's time again.........
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Default Charter

Quote Originally Posted by Back Country Robb View Post
    Just got off the Hem's Charters recorded hotline; there's fish showing up at the federal spot above the bridge in Chitina... grab your goods guys; it's time again.........
    Do you have to call and reserve for the charter? We are going next week and I'd love to get chartered.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Default Charter at Chitina...no reservs

I know Hem did not reserve in the past. figure out where the line is and get a place in it. Not sure if you are expected to physically stay in it or can leave your stuff and go sleep in your tent or rv. Better know or someone might move your stuff out and take your place. I think he starts at 7am? and no Sundays(again thats the way it was last year). I'll bet on weekends the line starts by Midnite. At Hem's phone number there is a recording for info and current conditions(i.e. rivers come up and dipping has slowed or people were limiting out quickly today, ect.) He owns/runs the 'One Stop' right where you turn to go down to O'Brien Creek, so stop in there and ask how its being done...Good luck
    O.K. heres the link:
    http://www.chitnadipnetters.com/charters.htm
    let us know how he's doing it and how you did.
    Paul Holland
    Board Member Chitina Dipnetters Association
    chitinadipnetters dot com