Thread: commercial cast bullets

Default commercial cast bullets

does anyone have any preferences regarding commercial hard cast bullets. don't cast my own but would like to buy some in the 300-350 grain range and .452". a simple google search brought up a bunch of companies and before i plop down my cash i hoped to know if any one was better than the other.

I really like the cast performance lead flatnose gas check 300 grain in my ruger toklat. I got them at boondocks the barnes buster 300 grain is a copper filled hard cast that works well also

I too like CP but I talk to Lee Stoner and see what he has first, just as good quality made in Alaska for less green. Now Lee is old school and doesn’t do the interweb but he is at most gun shows, at the Palmer range most Wednesday nights, or just dial him up the old fashioned way. 376-9488
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Building guns in the shadow of Appalachia

We've just started using Rim Rock bullets at the shop, and have been pleased.

Connected via SkyNet

I'll second the vote for Lee Stoner. I cast my own but when I want something different from what I make or I need a bunch fast I use his and truthfully his are better than mine. At least they look nicer. I don't have a 45 mold for pistols. We used to shoot Cowboy action years ago and all the Colt ammo sported Lee's cast bullets. Give him a call he is a real nice guy.

thanks a bunch for the replies...think i'll be giving lee a call and see what's available!

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Andy be right.

I've used Cast Performance, Beartooth Bullets, Montana Bullet Company, and others. They're all good, or good enough. Lee Stoner's bullets are the best I've seen.

I say, DEFINITELY check with Lee Stoner before going Mail Order. He probably has a bullet you'd like and for less money and no freight.

I'm currently, using 6 different Cast Bullets regularly. I get them ALL from Stoner, and I'll probably won't need to go anywhere else, from now on.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Building guns in the shadow of Appalachia

Montana Boolit works is now defunct. They were our go to for heavy boolits, but since they are no mo', the search was afoot.

Connected via SkyNet

I have shot some of Lee's bullets and have talked with a lot of others that have also. They are good and he stands behind his products. I also get a lot of bullets from Oregon Trails. Their prices are reasonable and shipping is included in the cost of their bullets.

Rim Rock are the same used by Buffalo Bore. I've started using them and think they are great. You can get standard, premium, premium gas checked and cowboy cast thorugh them. Lots of options, FYI, the premiums are really hard, so choose based on application.
    “Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." ~Calvin Coolidge~