Thread: KP Fire Help

Default KP Fire Help

Not sure where this belongs but just wanted to put it out there to my fellow Alaskans down on the KP that may have to evacuate. I have room at my house for two RV's/Campers etc. that if any of you do have to evac you are more than welcome to stay. I do have power and water for these two spots, no cost to you. Also will offer my own 5th wheel to a family or two that may not own one or really don't want to pay out of pocket for hotels. It sleep up to 10 people and will have power and water also. If this is something you may need, or someone you may know that's not a member here, please hit me up. I know it's a little drive up to Wasilla, but if my family could help just one person take the stress off of their situation for a short time it'll be worth it.

Good on you Sir. If I had the space or amenities I would be offering the same. My family dealt with the Rodeo/Chedeski fire in Arizona back in 02'. 500,000+ acres burned and it was scary watching it unfold while I was in training in Texas for my Air Force job. Always good to see strangers be so selfless.

AZinAK

Yes, thanks for your kind offer. You are an Alaskan of the old type.

Quote Originally Posted by GAredneck View Post
    Not sure where this belongs but just wanted to put it out there to my fellow Alaskans down on the KP that may have to evacuate. I have room at my house for two RV's/Campers etc. that if any of you do have to evac you are more than welcome to stay. I do have power and water for these two spots, no cost to you. Also will offer my own 5th wheel to a family or two that may not own one or really don't want to pay out of pocket for hotels. It sleep up to 10 people and will have power and water also. If this is something you may need, or someone you may know that's not a member here, please hit me up. I know it's a little drive up to Wasilla, but if my family could help just one person take the stress off of their situation for a short time it'll be worth it.
    You're very kind.......thank you or offering...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

You sir, are a good man. I hope nobody has to take you up on that offer.

A great act of kindness!

you are a good man ,nice to know there are a few left. thank you. hope we wont be in need .

A very generous offer indeed! Good on you sir!

As of 2:40pm today Funny River is being evacuated from mile 7 to the end of the road......

Copy/paste from other thread, as I'm just trying to get this info out there:

Maybe we should consolidate all FRF threads?

Anyway, wife called a little bit ago, and there is FIRE ON THE STERLING SIDE OF THE KENAI RIVER, AT KENAI KEYS! I have hear conflicting stories on the nature of the fire. One guy says that it is a residential fire, and my wife says she was told it is the wildfire and that they are EVACUATING KENAI KEYS, then possibly knocking on doors all the way down Feuding Lane.

I hate to be the one to spread a rumor that's not true, so please do what you need to do to confirm this.

Rumors of the fire leaping to the Kenai Keyes area. NOT TRUE at this point! Hot spots being put out from embers, but hasn't leaped. The Funny River people, however, have it bad right now. If you're a praying person...

Any truth to the "rumor" that cabins/houses have burned to the ground in Kenai Keys? The Keys have been evacuated and choppers are dipping out of the river in a direct attack.

Quote Originally Posted by 375JDJ View Post
    Any truth to the "rumor" that cabins/houses have burned to the ground in Kenai Keys? The Keys have been evacuated and choppers are dipping out of the river in a direct attack.
    As of 1700, there were no confirmed reports of any structures being lost.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

It was a house fire and subsequent spot fires being handled by CES has led to an ADVISORY evacuation along Feuding Lanne and Kenai Keys....

Hey folks, So glad no one person has had to take me up on my offer yet. I've been out fishing/camping with the family and keeping the KP people in our prayers. Offer still stands if the situation arises.

back home after the couple day evac . sending out a great big thank you to all the fire crews (ROCK STARS) that saved our home.was a real air show and ground attack for the last few days out here. thank you to the community and centennial park in soldotna for the free camping site . could have used a secure site to pre stage our belongings ahead of time but it was a pretty smooth process overall .COME ON RAIN!!!