Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheep Hunting Survey

Default Sheep Hunting Survey

Just finished my sheep survey. Anyone else complete theirs yet??

I hope they use this.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I just finished mine.

Done! Hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Just finished my sheep survey. Anyone else complete theirs yet??

I hope they use this.
    Steve did it come in the mail or email. Kind of funny that I didn't get one since I got the draft

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Steve did it come in the mail or email. Kind of funny that I didn't get one since I got the draft
    Got a postcard in the mail with a code to use online.

Thanks for your work on this too.
    Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Got a postcard in the mail with a code to use online.

Thanks for your work on this too.
    Thanks Steve I'll keep an eye out for it. Like you I hope this does get used. I know there was a lot of time and effort put into it by a lot of folks

Mine is completed also. Myself and two other resident sheep hunting partners of mine along with Mark Richards (BushRat) were also part of initial interviews by Dr Todd Brinkman. Many of the questions our group proposed were included in the survey. I really hope this gets the ball rolling on some changes that will be necessary. The BOG can't ignore resident pressure for too much longer. 3 years ago folks said nothing would change. But as more and more residents get involved.....changes will be made. We had guys up from Anchorage to testify here in Fairbanks. That is the dedication that is needed. More Facebook Alaska Ovis group members are also necessary, anything to get residents involved.

One of the questions was about.....Do you feel the average resident sheep hunter is aware of issues with Alaska sheep hunting problems. I strongly disagreed with that statement, the "average" is not aware........but the average sheep hunter is getting more and more educated as time goes on......and that is a good thing.

I was one of the first groups interviewed by Dr Brinkmanjust as the BOG wrapped up testimony here in Fairbanks. This survey was fast tracked, and I am very pleased with it. Hopefully all those that have been selected will take the 20 mins that is necessary to complete.

If you have been invited to complete this survey, and choose not to, don't complain on this forum as to why nothing changes, etc. Your words would be meaningless as far as I and most of those concerned with this topic would most likely agree. Again 20 mins is all that it takes.

After seeing this thread I checked my mailbox and I had the postcard too. I think this is a really great idea to data on the sheep hunting population at large and hopefully some valuable information and progressive movements will come from it!

Received and finished survey.

just finished mine online. thanks to all for the hard work putting the survey together.
    wes

Is this survey available to the general public? Is it being advertised?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

One of my twin sons received post card and completed the survey, my other son and I still haven't received anything but I'm hoping it shows up in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper
    Is this survey available to the general public? Is it being advertised?

Here's a link that explains it:
    http://www.iab.uaf.edu/news/news_rel...release_id=118

"
    The survey will be sent to anyone, at least 18 years old who has hunted or received or applied for a hunting permit in the last five years."

But it's only going to those who have hunted sheep or received or applied for a sheep hunting permit in the last five years. There is also a sheep survey going to all guides and transporters. Was advertised at BOG meeting in Fbks and word was put out for anyone wanting to be involved in the focus groups so Dr. Brinkman could develop the right questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunteralaska View Post
    Hopefully all those that have been selected will take the 20 mins that is necessary to complete. .
    What's this "all that have been "selected"...??? I would think that any resident of AK that has ever had a sheep harvest tag or draw permit should be "selected"......no? How is the "average" resident sheep hunter supposed to give input if only a few are selected? If they can remind me via USPS that I haven't turned in my moose info, then they sure as heck could let me know about this survey as well.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post

"
    The survey will be sent to anyone, at least 18 years old who has hunted or received or applied for a hunting permit in the last five years."

Well that includes me as I put in for sheep draw permits every year. Nothing in the mail for me yet.

Received your pm Mark.......thanks. No rain here yet, but a chance tomorrow they say....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    But it's only going to those who have hunted sheep or received or applied for a sheep hunting permit in the last five years.
    So this is a survey of sheep hunters, all guides, and all transporters. Then what? The results, as Brinkman interprets them, will be given to who, the BoG? Will someone, or some entity, or the BoG submit proposals based the the survey results?
    You guys are "drinking the kool aid" so to speak if you think this survey will lead to any noticable changes.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    So this is a survey of sheep hunters, all guides, and all transporters. Then what? The results, as Brinkman interprets them, will be given to who, the BoG? Will someone, or some entity, or the BoG submit proposals based the the survey results?
    You guys are "drinking the kool aid" so to speak if you think this survey will lead to any noticable changes.
    Just another way to kick the can down the road.
    Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post

It will in the long run. It's better than nothing

I guess only the Hardcore sheephunters get them, cause I haven't gotten one, wife checks the mail, she said... she never saw one. I would like to take the survey for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    I guess only the Hardcore sheephunters get them, cause I haven't gotten one, wife checks the mail, she said... she never saw one. I would like to take the survey for sure.

Not quite right, they picked me a first timer last year. I guess I'll skew the results.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast