Thread: PWS out of Whittier

Default PWS out of Whittier

For years a buddy of mine has tried to get me to go with him out of Wittier in May. We will be looking for shrimp and black bear. Since I don't hunt much, maybe on the bear. However, because he knows I like to trout fish, he has wanted me to go to check out some of the streams that pour into the salt for possibilities of trout (although I'm guessing dollies). Anybody know anything about the prospect of freshwater fishing out there? We are going next week, and I'm taking fly gear regardless, but I figured someone may know SOMETHING. Definitely not looking for secret spots, although I'll take it!, but just some general info on whether or not we are just spinning our wheels. Thanks.
    "I'm going out to fish." - Peter

Think cutthroat trout. There's a few of them out there...

Thanks. Trip was called off due to weather. Which is great news for pretty much everybody else.
    "I'm going out to fish." - Peter

Yes weathers isn't looking the best. I'm leaving tomorrow to try and get ahead of the worst of it. Hopefully you can reschedule!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem with those forecasts is the one for PWS covers the whole sound.. sure out by Montague or Hitchenbrook its going to be nasty, but the way it looks its only going to be 15-20 knts and 3 ft for the Northern part. That is not great weather, but far from 7 footers. Make your own decisions always, but lots of times the worst of it is way down South.

Sure wish that weather buoy in Port Wells was working.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

We made it out Wednesday and headed back to Whittier from the southern sound Thursday afternoon/evening. As we rounded culross island the weather picked up to about 3 footers from the east. JR2 I agree with you, the weather can be very different around the sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk