Thread: Best area to live around Kenai

Default Best area to live around Kenai

I will be moving from Anchorage to The Kenai area very soon. I will be working about hallway between Nikiski and Kenai and would like to be in a good location close to launching spots for my 15' zodiac and also be able to ride our sleds from the house. What do you guys think? Will I need to be down south towards Homer to have quick access to beach launching? Thanks in advance for the help. I cant wait to get out of this city!

Sounds like Kasilof, South Soldotna or Southern KBeach is for you, then. Clam Gulch would offer you quickest access to the Caribou Hills via snow machine trails, but that's a decent drive to where you'll be working.
    What is the purpose for launching your zodiac? Fishing?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Ok that sounds good. Yes just fishing, I have been wanting to fish the inlet for years and now that I will live there I will finally be able to.

Then I'd say your best suited for South K-Beach. Still, at that, to get to the halibut, you're still a good clip from the fishing, even if you launch out of the Kasilof. I know fish can be had off the Kenai beaches, but it's far from a productive area.