Thread: Kayak Fishing Ins and Outs

Default Kayak Fishing Ins and Outs

My son and I have our kayaks rigged for fishing and as the season approaches we would like to know a good place to start. We have both fished the Kenai and are familiar with nice quiet non crowded places like bings landing. LOL

Where would be a good place to put in with a charter bus to take us back to our vehicle? We are open to any locations that would offer a little less crowded good fishing opportunities. Our background is experienced at fishing not so experienced at kayak fishing on rivers.

-Also I understand that this may be a broad request. I am just looking for someone to point me in the right direction and give suggestions so that I can do some homework. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Danny

Danny, check out the Alaska forum on the Northwest Kayak Anglers website for area specific info plus great gear and technique tips/instruction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks I almost forgot I posted this post in the fishing section and the kayaking section. Between you and Kardinal_84 I think I have learned a great deal of information!

Also I think today my Son (14) and daughter (8) are going to try going to Whittier. I understand that the fishing might be better at seward or cook inlet but I think especially with my 8 y/o daughter we are just going to go get the kayaks wet and get used to some movement in the water. When my wife gets back maybe the boy and I will get a little more adventurous. Thanks again for all the great info. I need to get registered on Northwest and do so more research. Tight lines! Danny