Thread: Sand lake boat access?

Default Sand lake boat access?

I read on the F&G website that sand lake is approved for boat use. I need to do some testing on my boat and would like to drop it in there. It looks like there is an access point off 80th that leads into the lake. Can anyone confirm if that is correct?
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    I read on the F&G website that sand lake is approved for boat use. I need to do some testing on my boat and would like to drop it in there. It looks like there is an access point off 80th that leads into the lake. Can anyone confirm if that is correct?
    Looking at Google Earth and using the Streetview feature, you can see the small (maybe 4 cars max) parking lot at the end of 80th. There is guardrail almost all the way around except for a narrow gap. Doesn't look like you could back a trailer through there, but you can carry a boat to the water from there. It is noted as a "canoe access" point in the ADF&G paperwork. If you can carry you boat/motor and you are 50hp or less, you should be okay as far as I know as long as you follow the "quite time" noise restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    Looking at Google Earth and using the Streetview feature, you can see the small (maybe 4 cars max) parking lot at the end of 80th. There is guardrail almost all the way around except for a narrow gap. Doesn't look like you could back a trailer through there, but you can carry a boat to the water from there. It is noted as a "canoe access" point in the ADF&G paperwork. If you can carry you boat/motor and you are 50hp or less, you should be okay as far as I know as long as you follow the "quite time" noise restrictions.

The boat is not carry-able for sure its on a trailer but it is less than 50hp.

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    The boat is not carry-able for sure its on a trailer but it is less than 50hp.
    Maybe if you leave it unsecured and drive fast enough right up to the guardrail and slam on the brakes, it will make it to the water without needing to carry it.... Getting it back up to the trailer from the water might be a bit of a trick though.

I haven't seen it in person, so can't guarantee you can't slip a trailer through there, but it looks pretty tight in the streetview picture and nothing mentions any type of launch ramp. Someone else who has been there could speak to this more accurately.

It's not possible to back a trailer down 80th. Too narrow of an opening and there are some stairs. Ship Creek boat launch and lower fire lake are the closest. We used to test run the MWR boats on lower 6-mile years ago. Not sure about the status now. Upper Summit lake in Turnagain Pass is another option aside from Finger and Big Lake.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    It's not possible to back a trailer down 80th. Too narrow of an opening and there are some stairs. Ship Creek boat launch and lower fire lake are the closest. We used to test run the MWR boats on lower 6-mile years ago. Not sure about the status now. Upper Summit lake in Turnagain Pass is another option aside from Finger and Big Lake.
    Copy that thanks. I believe lower six mile has a limit of 10 or less or something to that affect now. I guess I'll be heading to the valley.

We were test running 30 horse motors, but I'm not sure if we had a permit or just that things have changed.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Mirror lake

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Well sand lake at 80th has concrete steps and a long guardrail. No trailer access. Might wanna go and call the sand lake boat club and ask if you can use thier launch off of sportsmans drive/ carvelle street

Release Lake Trout

I have been told there are some boat launchs but private so the boat you put in has to be carried some, off 80 th or behind the school
    [off the trail walk way] , for all the acess to that lake F&G should not stock it but that will neaver happen to manny people like there
    private fishing hole I think SID