Thread: Did Ruger stop making a 4" 44?

Default Did Ruger stop making a 4" 44?

I could swear that, in the past, I've seen a Ruger DA revolver in 44 mag with a 4" barrel. It was like a non-super Redhawk or something. Or was I just hallucinating? I was just looking at the Ruger website, did a caliber search for all 44 magnum, and the only da revolvers in 44 are Super Redhawks with miles long barrels. (i.e. 7 to 9 inch barrels).

I saw a 4 5/8" barrel. Vasque? But I think it is a single action.
    Someone was telling me you can get the big barrels and then have them cut down.

The 4" Redhawks in both 44 mag and 45 Colt were pulled from Rugers site a few months back while they were building a new plant. They just have not ramped up production again. Ruger manufactures in cycles.

Here is an old thread about the "discontinued" Redhawk.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...hlight=redhawk
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    The 4" Redhawks in both 44 mag and 45 Colt were pulled from Rugers site a few months back while they were building a new plant. They just have not ramped up production again. Ruger manufactures in cycles.

Here is an old thread about the "discontinued" Redhawk.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...hlight=redhawk
    Thanks for the link. I wasn't "freaking" yet, as it will now be PFD time or later before I could be a serious buyer, but, for a moment, I thought I had not seen what I had seen. (senior moment I guess) I'd like to get one of those Redhawks one day.

Sure you don't want to consider the 45 Colt? Those Buffalo Bore 325s outta this thing scare the hell outta me...!!!.......lol

Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Ya the 4" 45 Colt is the money. The Redhawk has a thicker cylinder than the Blackhawk even and also have offset bolt notches. Here's a good article about the 45 Ruger DA's. They can take

http://www.beartoothbullets.com/prin...e=Tech%20Notes

I put a 454 cylinder in my 45 Colt RH but it's not needed. More of a novelty I think. It was plenty as a 45 Colt but hey, by the time I was done it didn't cost me anything.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Sure you don't want to consider the 45 Colt? Those Buffalo Bore 325s outta this thing scare the hell outta me...!!!.......lol
    No. I have a Win 94 in 44, and I want the ammo interchangeability.

Quote Originally Posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
    No. I have a Win 94 in 44, and I want the ammo interchangeability.
    Ya that's handy alright. It's fun working up loads that are accurate in both. I've done that with my 454 Puma levergun and 454 Redhawk.

Quote Originally Posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
    No. I have a Win 94 in 44,
    Now THAT'S a gun I've always wanted, so I can surely understand....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

New 4" Redhawks are starting to show up for sale.

The new ones have the interchangeable front sites like the longer barrel version.

I have a pin on HiViz front sight for a 4" Redhawk if there is anyone interested.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

Quote Originally Posted by travelers View Post
    New 4" Redhawks are starting to show up for sale.

The new ones have the interchangeable front sites like the longer barrel version.

I have a pin on HiViz front sight for a 4" Redhawk if there is anyone interested.

How much for the sight and what color is it?

How much for the sight and what color is it?
    It's green. Never been drilled to be mounted...........How about Pm me your shipping address and you can have it.......
    "The older I get, the better I was."

Quote Originally Posted by travelers View Post
    It's green. Never been drilled to be mounted...........How about Pm me your shipping address and you can have it.......

Cool thanks!

Hello All,,,, thought I'd post a couple of photos of my latest project, enjoy.!!!
    Ruger SBH Bisley Hunter, cut & re-crowned to 6" & re-fit front sight, added the "Ghost-Ring" rear sight, "Very Quick",+ 2-port job and the forcing cone @ 11deg. also worked over the trigger, and springs, very smooth & crisp @ 3lbs. all saddled up in a "David Johnston" shoulder-rig, total package w/12-rounds @ 4lbs. +/-
    I'm really happy with how it handles, very balanced and the 2-port, porting job makes shooting those 320grn. loads "Very" do-able, especially with regards to that 2nd follow-up shot.

Attachment 78755Attachment 78756
    [ Retired and Living the "Dream" in Alaska, Semper-Fi ]

Ya the 4" 45 Colt is the money. The Redhawk has a thicker cylinder than the Blackhawk even and also have offset bolt notches. Here's a good article about the 45 Ruger DA's. They can take

http://www.beartoothbullets.com/prin...e=Tech%20Notes

I put a 454 cylinder in my 45 Colt RH but it's not needed. More of a novelty I think. It was plenty as a 45 Colt but hey, by the time I was done it didn't cost me anything.

I bought my 4" .45 RH after reading a lot of your posts about yours Snyd. I love that gun.
    I put some Hogue wood grips on it, and like them, but they seem just a little big. Wish i was handier with a hasp and sand paper.

I have the exact same gun in .44mag - trying to decide if i will keep it or sell it to fund a Bisley in .45. :-)