Thread: Tikka t3 scope rings

Default Tikka t3 scope rings

Anybody know if tikka t3's come with 1inch or 30mm rings.?
    Thanks

Factory rings that come with the rifle ar 1". Lots of people say to upgrade them but I have had good luck with themm Just use blue locktite on the screws.
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

they are ok 1" rings. they hold up ok for lighter rifles. i opted for talley lightweight when i scoped my 338WM due to the extra recoil forces. as long as you mount the scope correctly the stock rings are fine.

Concur on the factories although Talleys are nice too. Just be careful on the base portion. Make darn sure that metric hex wrench is in there straight.
    If you don't, you might strip the head and then it means you have to drill the screw out. Also make sure that stud in one base goes to the forward of the circular cutout. When fired, the momentum carries the scope forward. But the stud, firmly in contact with the forward edge, secures everything from moving.
    Those Finlanders were some pretty smart folks!

also, you MUST not over tighten them or you will distort the entire ring AND put a nice dent in your scope's tube - the Talleys are very well made as are the DNZ Game Reaper series

I replaced mine with a set of Warnes. They mount in the receiver grooves like the OEM rings do and and they are secured with Torx head screws rather than infernal hex-head junk.

It's a butt-strong set up.
    Now what ?

I recently checked, TORX HEAD screws can be had in any size one wants for a nominal fee - Warnes are well made albeit heavy, in today's world there is small reason to opt for STEEL when you can get AIRCRAFT ALLOY, IMHO

When I bought my Tikka T3 Lite the first thing I did was order the one - piece DNZ Game Reaper mounts....I have them on almost all my rifles.

Here are some pix of original rings after a few seasons. Good untill they weren't. : http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...-Ring-round-up