Default Take a look at this beauty for 225K

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

That sucker has more windows than my whole dang house does...and worth a whole lot more, too!

Strange...a 42' boat with seating for two. Small interior made for commercial use and other than the Captain's seat, no place to sit, eat, cook, or relax for those not driving. Set up to sleep two in a crammed bow it looks. Maybe there is a lot more that I am missing in the photos, but it would need a major upgrade inside to make it even an overnighter IMHO. A good start though...
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Wonder how many gallons per minute it burns wo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Roger45 View Post
    Strange...a 42' boat with seating for two. Small interior made for commercial use and other than the Captain's seat, no place to sit, eat, cook, or relax for those not driving. Set up to sleep two in a crammed bow it looks. Maybe there is a lot more that I am missing in the photos, but it would need a major upgrade inside to make it even an overnighter IMHO. A good start though...
    Small interior ?? guess nobody can use the other seat and the seating on the wall behind that seat. Crammed bow ? i'd bet those bunks are 7ft. Yeah go buy one of those floating tin campers with outboards for $300,000 plus bucks You could stick a 24 hewes on the deck and still have room.
    bb.jpg

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by Roger45 View Post
    That's a working mans boat, not a Play Boy boat.

I think I could cram into that and be a very happily crammed camper. What a beast; no claustrophobia on that.

Someone buy if for me and pay for the fuel and I will give weekly updates on my comfort while living on the boat... Oh ya someone has to pay the shipping to Whittier as well.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Would be awesome if it was Alloy and someone other than a 3rd grader wired it.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific23 View Post
    Would be awesome if it was Alloy and someone other than a 3rd grader wired it.
    Never could get that great hull design out of a tin can and whats wrong with the wiring.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

That boat is a beauty. I've spent a many days off of Mount Desert Rock on one similar to that while chasing tuna. She could handle some pretty nasty water running out to Georges Bank I'm sure. The only thing that makes them more pleasurable to stand on is a fir deck, but they take a lot more work to keep up. I'd take that over a tin can any day, if only because I've spent a lot of time on one hauling traps and/or bottom fishing.

Ya I was guna say that looks just like one of them boats you see on those tuna fishing shows on the tv... It looks to be in pretty good condition...
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

its been sold.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Here is one I ran across that seems like a good value and a good fit for Alaska. It is a lot of boat for the money.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2000...w#.U396ZvldWSo

Maybe I will give them a call myself after I drop my 'tin can camper' off at the recycler.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    Here is one I ran across that seems like a good value and a good fit for Alaska. It is a lot of boat for the money.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2000...w#.U396ZvldWSo

Maybe I will give them a call myself after I drop my 'tin can camper' off at the recycler.
    you'd be taking a giant step backwards if you bought that rig !! I can't tell from the pictures but looks like it has the older A or B series volvo's in it, funny how the broker doesn't show full pictures of the engines ??

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Hey I have a Hewes 24' and it's not that tiny!
    Always have had a soft spot for those east cost style boats. There's a few in the Homer harbor that are pretty sharp, the Adromeda is probably the nicest one here, all the classic lines and beige/green color scheme.
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

I don't know... this boat looks like a bunch more fun, but I don't want to pay that fuel bill either..

http://www.alaskaboatbrokers.com/lis...il.php?id=1711

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    I don't know... this boat looks like a bunch more fun, but I don't want to pay that fuel bill either..

http://www.alaskaboatbrokers.com/lis...il.php?id=1711
    Finally a great answer to the question how I drive my subaru to the eastside to go clamming. It'd probably hold a few rigs in there eh?

So how many gps does it burn? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Finally a great answer to the question how I drive my subaru to the eastside to go clamming. It'd probably hold a few rigs in there eh?

So how many gps does it burn? ;-)
    I have no idea, but with twin 500 hp diesels driving jets I would guess the number is not small. You would probably have to fill the whole bow with barrels just to get to the east side to clam... but you could do it at 50 mph..

I think potbuilder should buy it and use it as a bowpicker in PWS.

You bet. With the killer camo on that boat no one will ever know where you go to find those footlong razors, right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast