Thread: WOO-HOO!! Made a Powder Order!!

Default WOO-HOO!! Made a Powder Order!!

I'll finally be able to feed my .300 ultra, .338 A-Square, .500 A-Square and test some loads for the .375 Weatherby. I bought 10 pounds Retumbo, 5 pounds RL-15, 2 pounds IMR-7828 and a pound each of RL-17 and 19. Total with shipping is $630.00, not including the $295 from Seattle to Bethel via barge. Least expensive way I could find. I wanted to drop roughly $3k for powder but decided to wait until later this summer and decide brutally honestly what I need. I am finding that with the great cost I am going to have to be satisfied with "good" performance rather than "great" performance. My .375 W has great accuracy and precision, but moderate velocity. If I can keep the one-hole groups and get it up a 100-150fps keeping the pressures down that would be kewl. Just to see if I can do it, and I can use the RL-17 and 19 in other cartridges so it won't be wasted. Should be here sometime in late June. I still need some Benchmark and Varget but that is for later.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Wow that's near $50 a pound, quite a bush tax there. Glad ya got you some though.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Well, can't find anything in Anchorage so if I want to play, I am going to pay. And I am. But that is fine.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Where did you order from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    Well, can't find anything in Anchorage so if I want to play, I am going to pay. And I am. But that is fine.
    Money's never a problem till you run out of it.

Nitroman,
    Wish you were down here in Idaho. The best store for powder is about 60 miles, right now they have so much powder and primers its in boxes piled on the floor. They even had 8lbers of Imr 4350 last time I was in, I had to buy one cuz I use that more than anything. Its too bad you guys up there have to pay so much extra.
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by highestview View Post
    Where did you order from? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A fellow off Gunbroker had what I wanted for really reasonable prices. Normal prices that is, but the total shipping nearly doubled that.

Quote Originally Posted by bigswede358 View Post
    Nitroman, Wish you were down here in Idaho. The best store for powder is about 60 miles, right now they have so much powder and primers its in boxes piled on the floor. They even had 8lbers of Imr 4350 last time I was in, I had to buy one cuz I use that more than anything. Its too bad you guys up there have to pay so much extra.
    And what would be the name of that store? Because I have four more barges coming and the last date to get an order in will be in early September for a delivery that will be just prior to the freeze-up. I could call them to find out the stock situation and if it is good just buy late in the season.

Nitroman,
    It is called Black Sheep Sporting Goods, in Couerdalene, Idaho. phone number is (208)-667-7831
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigswede358 View Post
    Nitroman, It is called Black Sheep Sporting Goods, in Couerdalene, Idaho. phone number is (208)-667-7831
    Thank you sir!