Thread: sows with cubs and boars

Default sows with cubs and boars

I know we have heard that a boar will kill cubs to get the sow to mate again. Has anyone had experience ith a sow having say 2 cubs at a bait and then appearing with only 1 after a boar starts hitting the bait.

I have a small sow with two really skinny cubs and and now a big boar has shown up . I'm wondering how the interaction might be. Do you think the sow will stop hitting the bait. Will the boar aggressively try to kill the cubs. Or will they work around each other to eat as much as they possible can of the bait.

Hopefully we shoot the boar but timing is everything.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It looks like in an effort to protect the remaining cub you are going to have to shoot the big boar. Keep us posted on how things develop.

Still 2 cubs right now just wondering what will hapen if he gets one or will they work around each other. I prefer she leave. I don't mind dealing with him but would hate to shoot her because she was protecting her cubs and we meet at the wrong time. Killing her would be the same as killing 3 bears.

Personally, if there is always enough food at the bait then I think (for what it's worth) that the boar will just keep eating the bait, the easy meal, and leave the sow and cubs alone. Why risk injury when there is easy food available...???
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Personally, if there is always enough food at the bait then I think (for what it's worth) that the boar will just keep eating the bait, the easy meal, and leave the sow and cubs alone. Why risk injury when there is easy food available...???
    Obviously you've never had a gorgeous date over to your place and never touched the dinner you cooked!
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Lmfao!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk