Thread: all red this afternoon

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default all red this afternoon

5 kings for the afternoon charter, prolly PNW or BC fish tho, but they were all red!
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Interesting! Makes me think there are different "batches" running through. Up here around town we're running about half and half now, while we started out all red a couple of weeks back. We popped seven in two days early in the week, with 3 white and 4 red. Haven't fished for a couple of days, but I'm curious to see what we come up with today.

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

everyday fishing is different thats what makes it challenging and fun, sometimes they eat big herring or small ones or prefer spoons, or even hoochies! Gotta keep it mixed up and everyday I get a surprize hit on the "odd ball rig"
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakcombo View Post
    ..."odd ball rig"....
    Ain't that the truth!!!!

Sure adds to the fun. Whacked one last trip on a 9" hoochie behind a flasher with an extra bend needed just to get the darned thing moving! Got some 12" hoochies (scroll to the bottom), and I'm looking forward to dragging those around a herring spike if I can find one. Can't get black tray herring, but if this works I might not need them.