Thread: Satellite Phone Rental

Default Satellite Phone Rental

Looking for some help with Satellite phone rental. I will be arriving in Anchorage on August 26th and I need to rent a Sat Phone for a week or so. Any info on where to rent one locally in Anchorage or Wasilla would be much appreciated.

Or if anyone on this forum wants to rent me their phone I promise to take excellent care of it. My buddies wife is going to be 8 months pregnant when we are on this hunting trip, so while I typically don't mind going off grid, its going to be necessary to remain connected this time.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Alaska Surveyors Exchange, have rented their sat phones for years before doing remote flyout hunts. You can find them on Google.

I too have rented from Surveyors Exchange although in Fairbanks. Because sat phones are in such high demand during hunting season, if Surveyors Exchange in Anchorage doesn't have one you can also mail order one from Outfitter Satellite. They'll ship it right to your house. I've rented one from them before and everything worked just fine. You have plenty of time to rent one in advance. Please don't assume Surveyors Exchange will have one available to rent when you get up here or you might be disappointed. Just give em a call in advance they might let you reserve one. If not, Outfitter Satellite will hook you up.

http://www.tse-ak.com/default.aspx?c...desc=locations
    http://www.outfittersatellite.com/index.htm

Sent a message to Surveyors Exchange on Monday, to reserve a phone from August 3rd through 12th. Haven't received any answer from them. Wonder why they have the online message format?

I started a satellite phone rental business in Fairbanks this year. Lowest prices in Alaska. http://fairbankssatphone.com
    I will also give any forum members a 5% discount.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Knute78 View Post
    Sent a message to Surveyors Exchange on Monday, to reserve a phone from August 3rd through 12th. Haven't received any answer from them. Wonder why they have the online message format?
    Knute, if I recall I saw the online format, but I typically call them and reserve that way.

Grayling Slayer,
    Thanks for the link to your business. I sent you a message on your request form on the site. Hope to hear from you soon. Knute78

I know many on this forum recommend Surveyors Exchange for sat phone rental, but after sending them a message on their online web site form on Monday, I have yet to receive any response. After Grayling Slayer posted the link to his business in Fairbanks, fairbankssatphone.com, I filled out his online request form, and in less than 30 minutes I had a response from him. I then received a PayPal payment request for the down payment and completed my transaction and reserved a sat phone for my hunting trip in August, in less than 45 minutes. I have been in business for myself for nearly 25 years, and pride myself on customer service, and can recognize the same when I see it. He also offered to meet me when I arrive in Fairbanks to deliver the sat phone unit to me. This my friends, is good customer service, and I don't mind referencing it, and recommending his business.
    Knute

Default gr8 service sat phone company

Quote Originally Posted by Knute78 View Post
    Grayling Slayer posted the link to his business in Fairbanks, fairbankssatphone.com,

I filled out his online request form, and in less than 30 minutes I had a response from him. I then received a PayPal payment request for the down payment and completed my transaction and reserved a sat phone for my hunting trip in August, in less than 45 minutes.

I have been in business for myself for nearly 25 years, and pride myself on customer service, and can recognize the same when I see it. ...This my friends, is good customer service, and I don't mind referencing it, and recommending his business.
    I love to hear reports of wonderful customer service. Sometimes it seems they're so few and far between. I pass on great places too, and appreciate others' recommends especially the ones with the qualifications you state.

Great job Grayling Slayer at fairbankssatphone.com. There are a few people in your business and some have established themselves as leaders and here you come impressing others with great customer service. You've been caught doing good! (Rep coming when system will allow, both of you.)

Grayling Slayer is a straight shooter for sure and will do what he says.