Thread: Porting & trigger on a browning 325

Default Porting & trigger on a browning 325

I'm thinking of porting and trigger work, any one done it to the 325 yet and how do you like it. love the gun, already one browny ,1 shot ,the limbsaver pad is awesome but it has some flare up (from being so lite).

Thumbs up porting....as in magna-porting.

Rayinak....

I have a 330dakota that, when new, had what I considered to be excessive muzzle flip.... I sent it to Magna-port and had them port it in their traditional manner...4 little slots - 2 to the sides and 2 angled up. I don't think it reduces the recoil (I don't consider the recoil to be a problem), but it did effectively end the muzzle jump. Now I can see the point of impact immediately thru the scope....and I'm a happy camper.

I have the same rifle,A-Bolt in 325 WSM, and ordered one of the Timney spring kits from Miway USA. It comes with a 2# and a 3# spring,put the 3# spring in myself and really like it.I adjusted the stock spring down but couldnt get it to break cleanly.Spent the $20 and havent looked back yet. I have not got the porting done yet,thought about it a little.The gun does jump,but I just dont want be shooting on the ground and have it blow stuff up in my face after the shot. The moderator SNYD had it done too his 325 Kimber,but I dont think he has shot it since he got it back.Shoot him a PM and ask.

Thumbs up magna-porting....

The above mentioned 330Dakota was ordered with a muzzlebreak...and I hated it. Shot from prone, the 330 kicked up a huge cloud of debris, in addition to the increased threat to what remains of my hearing...and the muzzle jump was too much. I took off the muzzle break and put on the supplied thread covering nut. I don't like muzzle breaks. I'd had a 338Win Magna-port in the late 80's and had a good experience with it. So, I sent my 330 barreled action to Magna-port and fixed my problem...virtually eliminated muzzle jump, no cloud of debris or assualt on my diminishing hearing...It weighs nothing and doesn't add length to the barrel. I like the rifle much more with magna-porting than I ever did without it. Go to magnaport.com and check it out. It will tame the muzzle flip; a muzzle break won't.

The kick doesn't bother me ,after i put the limbsaver on i can shoot the hole box with no trouble. except the pocket book hurts a little. Its the flare up i don't like. I think I'm going to do some investigation on a magnaport.