Thread: Grizzly bears being grizzly bears. Poor dog.

Default Grizzly bears being grizzly bears. Poor dog.

http://www.adn.com/2014/05/14/3470214/sitka-homeowner-watches-helplessly.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1

Kinda sad but this line sums up the whole setup : "Myers described her property as the last house on Halibut Point Road in Sitka. Her property is wooded, roughly 5 acres bordering Tongass National Forest. Several bear trails crisscross her land."I guess in my mind when we moved here, I wanted to think they were just deer trails," she laughed.
    After letting Kef out, Myers headed inside. She let out her other two dogs -- a pug named Prissy and 6-pound Paco-- that she brought with her from Oklahoma."

Oops.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Yep, encounters like this are pretty normal down here, this happened here just the other day. I can't help but feel bad for the little dog with them posting it's picture and all; but honestly you have to be aware of the wildlife here and act accordingly. This is the time of year here when the bears have just come out of hibernation and are wandering the edges of town looking for garbage and other easy meals. With over 1600 bears on this island, and an average of 1 per square mile; your bound to have a bear encounter sooner or later.

Can't blame the bear, it was a Chihuahua named Paco. Would this be considered 5th meal at Paco Bell?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jerod again.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

I'll be dinning on the deck tonight. Thank you.

If you dog can be taken by an owl,,, You have a cat.

When was the last time you saw a chihuahua roll over and be submissive to anyone/anything? Bear probably got annoyed with the little yapper biting it's heals and just bit it. I'd come back too if I was the bear. A 6 lb dog isn't much of a meal.

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    I picked up your slack
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

At least she knows what happened to it and doesn't have to go around posting "LOST DOG" signs.
    Seeing all those lost dog/cat signs on the Hillside used to strike me as sad (due to their absolute uselessness).

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    same here. That was funny, dude
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today