Thread: Washdown Hose/Pump?

Default Washdown Hose/Pump?

Can I get recommendations on washdown hoses/pump installations? I'm just now beginning to look for the right product and, as always, appreciate a poke in the right direction. It is going on a 25' aluminum boat. I have a rear locker that will hold the pump and hose pretty well. I like to avoid holes below the waterline.....is there a model that has a hose that snakes down the transom for the intake or something like that? If so, does it work OK? Just thinking outloud. I do want the hose to put out some good pressure. Will primarily be using it to wash the deck.

thanks

I had the same concerns when we had our boat built. I really didn't want a thru hull that could potentially fail, but I wanted a wash down that could be used while we were at cruise speeds. We ended up cutting a hole in the bottom of the boat (ouch) and welding a piece of schedule 40 aluminum pipe to the hole vertically. It extends above the water line and the wash down pick up hose is double clamped to it with a shutoff valve. Does that make sense? I don't have a pic of it here, but could take a pic next time I am at the boat if that would help.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Makes perfect sense and I like it.

Any recommendations on products, manufacturers, models anyone? thanks- Brett

I buy a lot of my pump equipment from Live Bait Larry.
    My boat is rigged with 2 pumps. If you want 2 pumps here is my setup.
    With one hole in the hull.

I have a 1100 gph Rule Dual Port Pump. Here is the link:
    http://www.livebaitlarry.com/index.p...rdmea4det39p71

There is one hole in the hull. I have a brass scooped water pick-up. The Rule pump is used for my live bait.
    I have a valve in-line for water flow to the bait tank. I did not want full water pressure to the bait.

I have a 2nd high pressure water pump. It is plumbed into the dual port on the Rule pump.
    I get water at any time, any speed to 2 pumps.

I think you can get an aluminum scoop pick-up welded on for helping get water while running at higher speeds. As we all know Brass and Aluminum do not play well with each other.

They also make a heavy plastic one too. Mine is a plastic thru hull in the bottom of the boat and a heavy plastic scoop attached over top of that. Works great at just about any speed.
    As for a pump, get a good one with lots of pressure. Plenty of different brands. I like the once with the quick disconnect lines. Makes it a bit easier to winterize.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by Bayrunner View Post
    Any recommendations on products, manufacturers, models anyone? thanks- Brett
    I put a Pro Blaster by Shurflo in my 22' SeaRunner a couple of years ago & I like it.

http://www.shurflo.com/marine-produc...s/default.html
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856

I just installed a problaster as my flojet decided to stop working. Seems like a good pump. Looked all over for a good deal. The internet has pretty good deals but the shipping is expensive. I ended up going to donaldsons to buy shrimp bait and they had a great selection of washdown pumps for about the same price you could find them for online. That's where I got mine.

I bought a Johnson kit from eBay and have been happy with it. Instead of a hole in the boat, I run a garden hose scrap with a paint sprayer mesh filter on it. Wrapped the end with pencil lead and duct tape. We never washdown at speed, so it's worked brilliantly.

Default Transom pick up

No holes in bottom of boat works at any speed
    Attached Images Attached Images