Thread: HOW many Brown Bear SOWS......harvested on Kenai Peninsula so far

Default HOW many Brown Bear SOWS......harvested on Kenai Peninsula so far

Is there a way for hunters to know how close we are to the closing of Brown Bear hunting on the Kenai Peninsula....Due to Sows harvested.....???

I would SAY call the ADF&G office in Soldotna. They will have any information ON how many bears HAVE been taken so far.

Closing it at 17 sows, right?

I have heard 17 & 24 & 25 & 40 SOWS...........so who knows.

What I DO know is this weekend will be awesome weather. With cool temperatures in the early morning for hiking.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy82Hoyt View Post
    Closing it at 17 sows, right?

I went to ADFG in Anchorage about 2 weeks ago to get a RB300 permit. I just looked at some notes I took when I was down there and looks like I was told 17. Who know I guess we will see when the EO comes out.

I think F&G should have a BLOG with daily (Maybe twice Daily) updates on important stuff, such as this type of hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy82Hoyt View Post
    I went to ADFG in Anchorage about 2 weeks ago to get a RB300 permit. I just looked at some notes I took when I was down there and looks like I was told 17. Who know I guess we will see when the EO comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I think F&G should have a BLOG with daily (Maybe twice Daily) updates on important stuff, such as this type of hunt.
    I disagree. It would just cause more confusion. What is "important" to one person means almost nothing to many others. Who picks what gets "blogged" about and what doesn't? What happens when your "important" thing isn't included and you are relying on checking the blog for updates when it is posted in an EO somewhere else? They have the EO system in place. One place to look for important information. If you have questions about something you don't see on there, you can call them and ask. The more places you spread information out across, the more places where mistakes can happen (either by omission or by data input errors).

YES..........But what hunters want to know is as of last night how many SOWS have been harvested. If this hunt was important to a hunter leaving Anchorage tonight after work to spend three days camped near his bait station or on a three day walk'about up some drainage. They want to know is the harvested Sows at 16 or at 4.

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    I disagree. It would just cause more confusion. What is "important" to one person means almost nothing to many others. Who picks what gets "blogged" about and what doesn't? What happens when your "important" thing isn't included and you are relying on checking the blog for updates when it is posted in an EO somewhere else? They have the EO system in place. One place to look for important information. If you have questions about something you don't see on there, you can call them and ask. The more places you spread information out across, the more places where mistakes can happen (either by omission or by data input errors).

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    YES..........But what hunters want to know is as of last night how many SOWS have been harvested. If this hunt was important to a hunter leaving Anchorage tonight after work to spend three days camped near his bait station or on a three day walk'about up some drainage. They want to know is the harvested Sows at 16 or at 4.
    Then those few hunters can check for EO's before they leave or call the ADF&G office to check. That is their responsibility.

I was in soldotna F&g yesterday as of yesterday afternoon NO sows have been sealed yet. There is a hotline you can call that will update if it gets close.