Thread: lake trolling.

Default lake trolling.

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone has any experience trolling on large lakes for lake tout and char. If so could you please explain to me how to rig up a line or two. I have tried asking about it at sportsman's with less then ideal results. I have never done it before so I have no idea how i should set it up.

use large spoons or Flatfish, kiwkfish trol deep an slow not fast fishing in hot weather , this time of year they are in shallow water find the deep holes an cover them , the drop offs an don't give up it is slow fishing you will connect SID

from what i hear and i've been researching lake trout fishing in big lakes a bunch lately that jigging large tube jigs in the summer seems to be very effective maybe more so than trolling. i cant speak from person experience because most laker fishing i've done has been from shore but i've got some trips planned this summer down in the lower 48 from a boat so ive been reading over infisherman articles on the subject. i hope those guys are right! i've had good luck with large spoons in yellow/orange and some brighter than i would think colors.