Thread: Best ETEC Service Center?

Default Best ETEC Service Center?

Need some maintenance done on my ETEC's!
    Does anyone have any experience they could share regarding A-1 Enterprises in Soldotna or Burkeshore Marina in Big Lake??
    I am not very impressed with the 'service' being provided by another dealer. As a matter of fact the overall service experience provided by unnamed dealer may warrant putting the motors up for sale.

I would be content to drive 100+ miles in order to drop the boat at a responsive & reputable service center.

Extremely positive experience last year with Burkeshore.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Deak View Post
    Need some maintenance done on my ETEC's!
    Does anyone have any experience they could share regarding A-1 Enterprises in Soldotna or Burkeshore Marina in Big Lake??
    I am not very impressed with the 'service' being provided by another dealer. As a matter of fact the overall service experience provided by unnamed dealer may warrant putting the motors up for sale.

I would be content to drive 100+ miles in order to drop the boat at a responsive & reputable service center.
    http://www.boatshopak.com. He is awesome and willing to talk you through through most things. He makes runs to Anchorage on a regular basis. Download the software for free, pull your own codes, and do your own work. It's actually pretty intuitive with only basic skills needed. http://www.etecownersgroup.com has a wealth of information including where to download the software, making your own emm interface cable, making your own bootstrap cable, and code interpretation. The most important things are proper initial setup and 300 hr service. If I can keep an etec running flawlessly by following others advise, anyone can...possessing more tools than talent!

No flaming war attempts please; I simply won't go there cuz I love my etecs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    I don't know about all that. By the same logic, anyone camping in a motor home can never have a drink.
    They did our pre purchase inspection on our Hondas a couple years back and I have no complaints. Treated me well, especially since they did boat work in December.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Don at The Boat Shop in Fairbanks is probably the best E-Tec guy in AK - can't go wrong w him...

Burkshore Marina will do a great job for you. Very solid with the E-Tecs.