Thread: Lower russian lake

Default Lower russian lake

Will be headed back for a few days after bears. Going to try this weekend. Anyone else had any luck up past the lake?

Thanks

It's very steep, not too thick on the trail side. I always see bears on the other side unfortunately!

I suspect you'll have a chance at one if your up to it physically and spend a few days back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man! I been stuck in lower 48 for work. Can't wait to get back tonight

I was in there last weekend. Trail is clear and snow is way up high. Seen a sow with 2 lil ones down near trailhead. Saw a black bear up high on the other side. I only spent part of the day down there. It was my first time in there, nice area and there are bears there I just have other hike ins that are better for stalks where I'll be for this weekend. Good luck
    Take a youngster out when you go, it will change his/her life forever!!

Just got back in 2 days no bears, a lot of hunters. Saw around 20 sheep.

I was giving some advice to a guy I know who wants to do a walk-in brown bear hunt. I told him to find an area he thought might look good, and then do a forum search here. If he didn't get any "hits" it was probably a good spot. In all seriousness, as soon as a place gets "popular" and lots of mentions here you can pretty much kiss it off.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

I totally agree with you Dave... I'm sure Akyinzy is excited about bear hunting the Russian lakes area, but just his posting of all this undoubtedly brought A lot of attention and made some people think, "hey, let's go hunt bears at Russian Lakes."

The mention of "a lot of hunters this weekend" may have been due to the great weather or the

Posting of threads like this....