Thread: Denali Highway?

Question Denali Highway?

Has anyone ever been on the trails that go into the non-motorized area off the Denali Highway? I've been on a number of the atv trails - Seattle Creek, Butte Creek, Brushkana Creek, Alphabet Hills - but have never checked out the non-motorized area out there. Are the trails ridable on a bike, or are they mainly only passable on foot? How muddy/boggy are they? Any info would be great, as I'm thinking of heading that way sometime soon. Thanks!

-Brian

Default Denali Highway

Have you made it out there yet? I am interested in the rides along seattle creek or any of the other ATV trails. That is the closest good riding for me I think.

Yep, but I didn't bring my bike. I rode an ATV back in the Seattle Creek area. I'm pretty sure I was the first person back there this spring, as there were no remnants of tracks (except for those left by caribou and bears). That trail is totally doable on a bike, though you'll get a bit wet in some of the puddles and it climbs quite a bit after a few miles. Would be fun to give it a shot, though!

I'd still appreciate input on the non-motorized areas, if anyone has any experience.

The Osar lake trail is open to both motorized and non motorized,but it is by far the easiest trail ive been on from the denali.I believe its about 7 miles back to the lake.Its a very dry trail,,,at least when I was there.Lots of small grayling too.