Thread: Teach a guy to fish??

Default Teach a guy to fish??

Hello all. I have been in Fairbanks for about 6 years now. I spend a lot of time making a mess and snagging everything but fish, However it does slightly resemble a weak attempt at fly fishing. I would like to learn how to salmon fish. I do not know anything about it. I do not know what gear I need or have any idea how to go about starting. or were to even go. I do understand that there will likely be some travel needed. I do have camping gear, a 4 wheeler and a kayak, and a cooler I can fill with beer and jerky, but I need someone who is willing to teach me. If anyone is interested in taking me under their wing so to speak please let me know. Like I said I am in Fairbanks. Thanks -Bob

I live near Fairbanks and would be willing to help ya out. Tell me more about you and when you can fish.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

RG 86 you should really take Stid up on this, maybe mention that you like to hunt while out fishing and see where it all leads.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Already sent him a P.M. and I do like to hunt. But i like to fish more. Stid let me know if the P.M. didn't go through. I am somewhat new to all this forum stuff. thanks -Bob