Thread: Does the Remington 7600 magazines have a Bolt Release.......???

Default Does the Remington 7600 magazines have a Bolt Release.......???

I am thinking for taking my 7400 for a walk this week. So I found 6 magazines some are for the 7600 and most are for the 7400. I no longer own a 7600. Here is the Question: Am I correct in thinking the ones with the BOLT release on the magazine are for the 7400/740 or do I have it back'asswards.......???

The mags with the bolt release are for the 7400. They should all work in either rifle, just the 7400 mags will lock the rifle open on the last round.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    The mags with the bolt release are for the 7400. They should all work in either rifle, just the 7400 mags will lock the rifle open on the last round.
    Concur. I have both types and use them in my 7600. if you use the 760 or 7600 mags in your auto loader they will function just fine, but will not hold the bolt open after the last round is fired.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Thanks..........