Thread: Argo Questions

Question Argo Questions

I'd like to know the way everyone carries there guns and bows in there Argo's, how did you mount gun boots, bow racks? I have a soft top on mine and would like to keep my guns and bow from getting beat up and still be able to carry gear and hunting partners. Any pictures and ideas would be great I'm new to Argos and need all the help I can get. What about meat wagon widths for an Argo on wheels, and tracks I'm planning on tracks before August and the length I'm thinking about a 6 foot long trailer with tandom wheels. Thanks in advance! Steve

i put those stick on gun racks that go in the back window of your pick up, and i have not had any problems with the windshield up or down and my second gun rack is on the hoops above the seat. i built my own trailer and i made my tounge long enoug to where if i had to get it 90 deg. from the argo that the box would not hit the machine. my centerline on my tires of the trailer is 52 in. and it tracks perfect on my machine but i i also have bigger tires. my box is 3' x 5'. heres another option. alot of other people put those alum. exo-cage / roof racks and mount there guns or bows on those, but then you run the risk of beating them up or worse if in tight trees. but you could also go on the inside, but your soft top will have to be down

Here is how I carry my guns on my Argo. They are the double gun holders that mount on the rack of a 4 wheeler. You have to be very careful where you mount them because you have to drill holes near where the wiring is under the dash. If you get the spacing right the guns are more narrow than the Argo, so nothing hits them when your going through the brush. This may not be the best method, but I have done this on all of my Argos, and you can get your gun out pretty quick.

Default Argo Gun Racks

This is what I use in my argo.I have one gun rack on the back of the seat and two gun racks mounted on a small cargo box mouted on the floor behind thefront seat.works great!

Smile Keep them Ideas Coming!!

I just bought the outboard bracket the other day, was thinking a electric trolling motor(big one) to plug into the remote winch kit on the rear of the Argo. Any ideas on this? just trying to get ready for tracks and I figured eletric would work for crossing small lakes and I wouldn't have to carry fuel, they weigh less and could just store it in the meat wagon when not in use, or do I even need it I was told an Argo will not go in the water on tracks is this true? OK who builds the aluminum overhead racks and how much? I like the ones AKFJ40 has in his pictures. Do they make the Argo really unstable in the water? Thanks guys I know I ask alot of questions I hate learning things the hard way all the time already learned how much a couple of tires are after turning into sticks and punching holes into the side walls just trying speed up the learning curve.

Thumbs up great stuff!!

By the way the gun mounts are all great ideas anyone into Archery? I shoot a compound and have just been bungying my bow case to the back of the seat for now. Again thanks to all of you who respond with your ideas it's helping me tons! Steve

akfj40, what size tires do you run on your argo and trailers. Also is your argos the conquest model. I just bought a conquest and was wondering because mine has the bigger tires. I'm new to argos but I think I'm going to like it. Thanks

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by fishingis4play View Post
    I just bought the outboard bracket the other day, was thinking a electric trolling motor(big one) to plug into the remote winch kit on the rear of the Argo. Any ideas on this?....
    I've considered the same thing. Trouble is that the largest 12V trolling motor puts out about 55 lbs. of thrust. I'm no rocket scientist, but I figure that isn't but 1-2 hp.

I'm leary of spending the money outfitting it so without hearing some testimony on or see how well it works.

It looks like some of these would run over the 1500# limit for Unit 13, correct? Do they count trailers in this total#?