Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STUPID-STUPID-STUPID GRrrrrrrrrrrrr Some people are just STUPID

Default STUPID-STUPID-STUPID GRrrrrrrrrrrrr Some people are just STUPID

OK, I am trying to buy a Leupold Scope on E-Bay. However they refuse to sell it to me because it can't be shipped to a foreign country. Here is their last response: "You will have to contact your local customs. Customs will not allow us to ship this item".

Note: This company is in the continental United States. And thinks Alaska is a foreign country.

Wow thats disappointing, i'd be concerned about the scope being genuine, sounds like its coming out of California?

Hey, I had a guy here in Maryland think AK was an island out by Hawaii. Most maps show AK and HI by themselves, and I guess he wasn't aware that AK was attached to Canada.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Saw a add in Fur Fish and game that said they sold traps all over the U.S. and Alaska.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I'm just waiting to hear what the exchange rate for american money to alaskan money is...
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    I'm just waiting to hear what the exchange rate for american money to alaskan money is...
    I tell people (Lesser 48-ers) that it is generally 1.5:1 given that most items are at least half again more expensive in the Republic of Alaska than it is in America.

Friggin crazy! I too have had my share of people not knowing where we are and have had some actually argue about it.
    Aside from stupidity- shipping is nuts!
    I was just pricing some tires I can't find locally and one large tire retailer wanted $712 for shipping 4 tires to me ground. 2 day air was $1200.

AGL- let me know what scope you were wanting...I have a couple of leupolds I might let go of.

BEE

Thanks I have about 30+ Leupolds. This is a special Tactical Leupold scope. http://www.leupold.com/hunting-shoot...x20mm-30mm-m2/ I have the top reticle and I am wanting to also own the middle reticle Leupold part # 110180 with the http://www.leupold.com/reticles/whit...ion-info_1708/

Quote Originally Posted by AKBEE View Post
    Friggin crazy! I too have had my share of people not knowing where we are and have had some actually argue about it.
    I was just pricing some tires I can't find locally and one large tire retailer wanted $712 for shipping 4 tires to me ground. 2 day air was $1200.

AGL- let me know what scope you were wanting...I have a couple of leupolds I might let go of.

BEE

Quote Originally Posted by AKBEE View Post

BEE
    Have them sent to Lynden Fife Wasington and let them foward to you here, wa to ak should be $100-150.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I have 200,000 Alaska Airline miles, I can fly down and get it. Or have it sent to family and have them mail it for $8.00

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Have them sent to Lynden Fife Wasington and let them foward to you here, wa to ak should be $100-150.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I have 200,000 Alaska Airline miles, I can fly down and get it. Or have it sent to family and have them mail it for $8.00
    AKBEE's tires not your scopes.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

"Sir, we only ship to the continental US."
    "Mam, Alaska is part of the continental US"

A few times I have held some companies to their 'free shipping to continental US' just out of spite for being treated rudely. They get a memorable geography lesson and the web page jargon switched tout suite. Lucky they did not not ship me a box of rattlesnakes.
    "Punish the monkey - let the organ grinder go" - Mark Knopfler

Thanks Andy. I had some other mud tires sent up that way and saved a couple hundred bucks.
    AGL- good luck with getting it and I hope it is a good buy.

Keep in mind that half the people in the world are below average. And, average isn't all that high.

America's got talent

This is one of the 'topics' that can get real interesting if it was not so true! Over the years, like everyone one else, I could go on an on about what some people think about Alaska!

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bearcat View Post
    This is one of the 'topics' that can get real interesting if it was not so true! Over the years, like everyone one else, I could go on an on about what some people think about Alaska!

For a number of years, I was a purchasing agent (Supply Officer) for AK DOT/PF. I shoulda kept a log of all the stupid excuses people would give us for not being able (wanting to) sell and ship something for the State. I could have published it all in a little book and made a buck..!

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    OK, I am trying to buy a Leupold Scope on E-Bay. However they refuse to sell it to me because it can't be shipped to a foreign country. Here is their last response: "You will have to contact your local customs. Customs will not allow us to ship this item".

Note: This company is in the continental United States. And thinks Alaska is a foreign country.
    And most likely think we all live in igloos...
    "Grin and Bear It"

I heard Alaska was purchased by the US but no humans live there cause its covered in several feet of snow year round...?

Back when Sara Palin was running for VP I was at a family gathering and a comment was made by a gal " Well, if she gets elected she will have to move to the United States" ! There are a lot of very oblivious people that just don't pay much attention to things outside of their personal interests...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    Hey, I had a guy here in Maryland think AK was an island out by Hawaii. Most maps show AK and HI by themselves, and I guess he wasn't aware that AK was attached to Canada.
    Yep. Got that when I was in the military too!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast