Moose, Caribou, Bear Float Hunt
Float hunt planned for fall of 2014. I am an Alaskan resident and plan on taking my 16' cataraft out. I have a good friend from the lower 48 coming up and we are trying to plan everything right now. I have harvested moose, caribou, and bear before but all have been walking hunts (pack in / pack out with the assistance of some horses). I would like to take him on a float hunt this year and would love some suggestions. Here are some specifics:
1. Would prefer to put-in, put-out option with the staging of two vehicles
2. Would like to have the opportunity for (in order) Caribou, bear, moose
3. We have about 10 days (total time) free for the hunt
4. I am comfortable on my cataraft up to class IV-
5. Would not mind to fly-in, pull-out trip just more $$
I have looked into Birch Creek but have been told by friends that this is a minnimum 11 day (110 Mile) hunt. Also looked at the 40 mile.
Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated... Feel free to PM me as well.
40 mile fits the bill. Been there done that.
Originally Posted by Want2bav8or
Birch Creek can be done in a lot less time if you don't mind long days on the water. Last year there were caribou everywhere on the lower section. You also have a chance at wolves if you pay attention.