Thread: The Incredibly versitile Wet-Dry Vac

Default The Incredibly versitile Wet-Dry Vac

I have had a Wet/Dry Vacume for many years and use it for so many things. I find I could not go without one.
    Here are some of the things I use it for that one my not think about and I bet if you guys chim in I may learn
    a new use for them.

1) Defrosting a Freezer: I use it to suck out the loose frost and towards the end reverse it to melt that solid ice in the back.
    I would say it cuts the time of the job in half.
    2) Portable Bildge Pump: The bildges in my boat are flat so traditional bilge pumps still leave a fair amount of water
    and the vac wil suck it dry.

3) Leaf/ Dust Blower: Reverse the hose.

4) Clearing Drains

5) Dust Collector:
    Many power tools (saws sanders) come with a dust bag or port. Sometimes it fits perfect and if not
    with some plumbing pipe can be reduced for just about any of these. It will eliminate 95% of the dust
    Great if you have to saw or sand indoors

6) Great Fast Clean-up: Vacume the entire inside of my home in minutes and it gets all the dust you miss with a traditional
    broom

Don't forget to remove the filter when picking up water.
    If we all agreed....this would be no fun

I forgot an important one which is blowing up or deflating an Air Bed
    If we all agreed....this would be no fun

vacuum packing - all kinds of bags, such as space bags for clothing, zip lock baggies with trail stuff for lightweight backpacking, etc. Foodstuff that I am leaving at the cabin can be sucked down and stowed neatly inside large metal cooking pots so that vermin don't get to it. Anything I want to waterproof for boat trip can be stuck in a trash bag and carefully sucked down to stow neatly. That corner cleaning nozzle really comes in handy for vacuum packing. Luv my shop vac at remote cabin!
    Fly fishing makes me herl