Thread: Antelope mount through Canada

Default Antelope mount through Canada

My buddy is driving up from the lower 48 through Canada next week and is going to bring my Antelope mount for me. Is there any restrictions that we need to be concerned about? I believe that since Antelope not considered a "fur bearer" and it's not subject to the usual CITIES restrictions? Any help??

I just came back in December with a mounted Wood duck, 20 sets of whitetail antlers and a whitetail mount. They did not even want to look at them. I even had 2 coolers full of venison. They did not care. at all.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    I just came back in December with a mounted Wood duck, 20 sets of whitetail antlers and a whitetail mount. They did not even want to look at them. I even had 2 coolers full of venison. They did not care. at all.
    Pretty much my experience also. Brought 2 deer mounts (one whitetail & 1 sitka buck) plus a freezer full of venison. Stopped on the US side & was inspected (had some guns also) - they checked the serial #'s on the guns & signed the paperwork. CA only checked the paperwork for the guns. Crossing at Beaver Creek, nothing was checked.

You'll be just fine. I would just make sure that the tag and license number is attached to the rear of the mount or available for inspection upon request. I've had issues with usfws over things as simple as jerky and coyote-trimmed mittens but most often they aren't there and/or don't care.