Thread: Did you write this note?

Default Did you write this note?

If you wrote this please pm me so we can talk. Thanks lance

No, I didn't write it.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

We had this happen once back in the day. Someone left a note written in the sand where we beached the boat that just said "GO AWAY"...and they poured diesel fuel all over our bait pile. Bummer.

Implying that their mamas raised some gentle mens.

Y'all gonna let them talk that way about your mamas?

I don't have a dog in this fight, but having seen this kind of conflict over the years, my advice to you is to cut your looses and move on. In the end the drama will only subtract from the entire experience. The tension will always be there and the close sites will compete for the same bears. I have had this happen to me and just found a new spot. I would not want to walk into my site knowing another bear hunter is near, accidents can happen. If you do choose to hunt I would wear safety orange to and from the stand.

Good luck and be safe.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Yeah.....If I had been hunting the area also for a number of years then I might want to talk to the guy. But if it was a new site to me and found this note, I think I would just move on.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

What's the harm in contacting them? Assuming you did not know they were there, seems like you may have made an honest mistake setting up too close to them? If hunters can't work these issues out between themselves, it's just a matter of time until someone works them out for us. I don't know your situation, and I'm sure there's more to it. Do you have a way to find them?

Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Sometimes people put a lot of effort to set up and then find
    out someone else is in there just get along.

I would move on but I have had the same barrel on the same tree for five years this will be my sixth. I think they moved in two years ago and cut down a large tree to make a bridge across the creek for acecess. Which in turn brought in more people. I originally chose this site because of the hard access. My bait was in on the fifteenth also and I recently put an additional sign closer to the road to hopefully keep this from happening. I would like to just talk to them to work something out. I am only after one bear that has been terrorizing my site for the last five years. I left a note for the "gentlemen " in responce. I was very polite and to the point. Not looking to argue just to come to a compromise.

at that point you have done everything and you should not move just hunt it as you are able and stay away from their stuff and hope they do the same you may make a new friend.

I hope you are able to resolve the situation.
    And from both points of view, I think it is fair to fall back to the old and best rule.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

I hope you become lifelong friends

Juli
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

If you've been there 5 years, and they've been there "many years," then you've been hunting together for 5 years already with no conflict or apparent affect on each other's baits. The extra bait could even be drawing in more bears than normally would be able to be sustained by one bait. Know how close, and avoid errant bullets, and all should be good. I'd suggest a meet and greet, and keep business as usual.