Thread: not hunting, however thoughts of Grampa

Default not hunting, however thoughts of Grampa

I have always liked leather gloves, Grandpa always had five or six pair of cotton or Jersey gloves in the house. always put on a dry pair when going back out. wednesday I was cutting firewood, got gloves wet- and they were still wet yesterday..

I have to say, Ol Grandpa was the smart one. Takes a few years for all the little things to add up though.

Chris

Funny how that works. They older I get, they wiser my father was. And the more I find out I really didnt know it all!. Love those kind of memories.

Hence the old saying , by the time you realize your dad was right, your son wont listen to you .Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by akgun&ammo View Post
    I have always liked leather gloves, Grandpa always had five or six pair of cotton or Jersey gloves in the house. always put on a dry pair when going back out. wednesday I was cutting firewood, got gloves wet- and they were still wet yesterday..

I have to say, Ol Grandpa was the smart one. Takes a few years for all the little things to add up though.

Chris
    When I first started hunting with my father he used to tell me son, make sure you dress right because you can take it off if you have it on but you can't put on what you don't have. I got what he meant a little later in life after a very very cold hunt.