Thread: Urgent - Aluminum Repair

Default Urgent - Aluminum Repair

We have two aluminum hulled RIBs that we use at my work that and the transoms are starting to crack. It looks as though it is a stress fracture from the weight of the motors. We launch these skiffs from a large ship out in remote areas of the Bering and Chukchi Seas so for safety reasons it's very important that we get a good person to evaluate the boats and repair them. We need to load these on the ship in Seward on the 21st of May so unfortunately we're in a time crunch. Does anyone have any recommendations in or around Anchorage that would repair these hulls? So far I have the following list.

Dave at Heavy Weather Boats
    Ben at Silver Streak
    Gary and Great Land Welding

Garrett at Frontier Fabrication.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Ben at Silver streak has done some really good work for me on several boats. Timing might be bad though given everyone is wanting work done (including me, but mine is just some small stuff). But he's my go to guy.
    Tony

I agreewith frontier fabrication, they did some really nice work for me last year onmy boat.
    I have also spoken with Jason Neyman of AlumiNeymanWelding & Fabrication, LLC , jsneyman@hotmail.com

Thanks for all the help. I'll give them all a call.

One of the moderators- AKMud does welding as well and is in the valley. He maybe able to help you out.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...hlight=welding

Great Northern Welding (Gary) off the Palmer Wasilla Highway in Palmer. A little farther, but they even make aluminum boats...excellent work IMHO.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
    One of the moderators- AKMud does welding as well and is in the valley. He maybe able to help you out.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...hlight=welding
    I'll second Rob !!! Does great works, listens to what you the customer wants done and gets it done quick.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692