Thread: Any trails ready yet?

Default Any trails ready yet?

Anybody been on trails in south central AK with two wheels yet? I assume most if not all are too snowy or soft to ride. But hoping there's an option out there. Been riding on the pavement some to get the bike out of the garage, but it feels like I'm cheating.

Dan

Nothing in the Anchorage area. Gonna be a good few weeks before they are dry enough for mountain bikes. Far North Bicentennial Park trails are still mostly snow/slush covered. With the low snow this year and the recent weather, it might not be long before the trails out at Kepler Bradley might be drying out. They are usually some of the first ones of the year, but I haven't heard any reports yet. Might still be a little while, but probably not too long. I guess Arctic Valley Road is pretty nice, but that isn't much fun, just a good climbing workout.

Things are still pretty sloppy in the Valley, but are finally starting to dry out. Hopefully next weekend we'll be good to go

kincaid is good to go. I rode the south side of resurrection pass to swan lake. The normal spots were wet but otherwise it was good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by bkbaker View Post
    kincaid is good to go. I rode the south side of resurrection pass to swan lake. The normal spots were wet but otherwise it was good to go.
    SOME of Kincaid is good to go. There are a number of trails that still have pretty soft sections. Just use good judgment and if you come across a soft/muddy section, don't just rip through it.Trails on Hillside are drying out well, but like other areas, some sections are good while others still need more time. For the most part, the bigger ski trails are in good shape with a few small spots that you can work around. Many of the smaller singletrack trails still need some more time, but should be improving quickly with this weather. The hardened portion of the Tour Trail is in good shape, as is the lighted loop and Spencer (2nd half of spencer closed because of a moose kill in the area). Moose Meadow is good, but Rover's Run is not ready yet. Lore Road trail and Salmon Run is good.