Thread: Cutting board material

Question Cutting board material

Good evening.

I am trying to locate a large white plastic cutting board material (26"x18") to install on my boat. Do you know where I can find the material in Anchorage/ER area?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,

yhc

You might check with some kitchen design center type places. You can often times find remnants or cut pieces of Corian or other type of solid surface materials that might fit the bill.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

look up restaurant supply and you can get one.

Anchorage restaurant supply by Sears

Columbia restaurant and bar supply off Eagle street

Farina in Wasilla

They sell them in colors as well:
    Green Veggies
    Red Meat
    Yellow Chicken/fish
    White

First company is probably the cheapest.

Cheers

Corian is a knife killer. I presume you're looking for the white polyethylene boards? The size you listed is bigger than the cutting boards I've seen in stores. I'd call CAC Plastics in Wasilla. Look toward the bottom of this link, under plastic products.

http://www.cacalaska.com/plastics.html
    Last edited by Mr. Pid; 06-03-2007 at 22:08. Reason: spelling

Default Cutting Board

I ordered 2 last year custom sizes, radiused edged, grat job, reasonalbe prices. From the Below

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pid View Post
    Corian is a knife killer. I presume you're looking for the white polyethylene boards? The size you listed is bigger than the cutting boards I've seen in stores. I'd call CAC Plastics in Wasilla. Look toward the bottom of this link, under plastic products.

http://www.cacalaska.com/plastics.html
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Default alaska rubber supply

on old seward highway. I bought it from them multiple times. they have 4x8 sheets and i think you order it by the half sheet. just go there or call and see. they have black and white. the white is usda approved. i bought 1/4'' stuff in white to line the bottom of my bow under my covered deck. easy to clean through the hatches and brightens it up down there and protects the foam. made a huge butchering table in garage too. that chunk was 2x8' i bought from them and it was 1/2 i believe and was $200. 1/4'' stuff was cheaper of course.

Alaska Rubber on Old Seward ~ you can get them cut to any size that you want them.

you want to try sams club and costco too just look in the restaurant supply sections, they should have the size you are looking for. or if you feel like calling supply houses call food services america they have will call and you just go there and pay and go after you order of course. good luck and have fun fishing.

Default SBS

I'm pretty sure Spenards sells it. I purchased some down in Homer several years ago at the SBS there. Pricey Stuff! They use it for partitians in restrooms because it is virtually vandal proof. I have found nice hunks of it at garage sales too.

image plastics on old seward. best price i have found.

i needed a 26" x 21" piece 1/2" thick and they quoted me 37 bucks.

I was picking something up a Sportsmans Warehouse today and they some that were about twice that size. I did not look at the price. This was in Fairbanks.

Default Starboard

Is Starboard (that is so expensive) very different that the plastic board that you guys are talking about here?
    What-a-Day
    27' x 9.5' Glacier Craft - Volvo 300hp D4 Diesel
    Remember: Any fool can be uncomfortable.
    Denny