Thread: Compression dry sacks....

Default Compression dry sacks....

I have been looking into "medium" size drybag for my pack just wondering if anyone else has tried anything like that. Was thinking about the Sea to Summit eVent series at 5.2oz but wondering if I'm missing a better choice?

thanks everyone

I have the StS eVent compression sack for my expensive down sleeping bag and consider it to be a wonderful dry bag. I also own several Granite Gear compression dry bags and they are absolutely fine. My 8-man Kifaru tipi (no pole or stakes) fits in a medium GG compression bag and ends up at the size of a shoe box when compressed.

One nice thing about dry bags is their ability to hold moisture in (think 'wet gear') when packing wet stuff with dry. I do this a lot when hunting or fishing. Wet rain gear in a dry bag beside goose down jacket in a dry bag...all in my pack.

I have one of these Exped bags that works great for compressing my bulky sleeping bag. It is pretty light duty though.

http://www.backcountryedge.com/exped...FUiFfgodhbQAEw

I use an extra large dry bag in conjunction with a good meat pack frame that has a shelf on the bottom. I've found this is a great combination.

works great for my sleeping bag. I can crunch that thing down to almost the size of my jetboil.

I use sea to summit dry bags for all my gear. They are overall pretty great but if you max them out them out they will tear. Its my own fault my last one ripped I just make sure I leave a little extra room at the top so Im not pushing the limits.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Thanks for all the responses guys. Really appreciate the info!

I have moved away from the compression bag and just use the regular sea to summit event bags. I just don't find any advantage to the extra weight and expense of the compression straps. The only compression sack I currently use is for my wiggys sleeping bag that is pretty hard to compress.

I'm a firm believer in the Sea to summit eVent bags. I've tossed every other brand and type of bag and replaced them all with eVent bags.