Thread: Tree Stand Needed

Default Tree Stand Needed

Hey everyone. Im new to Alaska and bear baiting. Gonna set up a bait station with a buddy in 20B but I need a treestand. If anyone has a spare or an old one please let me know. Thanks -Tex

Just build a blind. That's what I have always done. Adds to the excitement when a 9+ footer comes in.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

I agree with medic. A small folding saw, a bunch of cheap 1/8 inch rope for lashing and some small black spruce and birch trees = tree stand.

I was going to recommend making a crotch board if you couldn't get a stand. Then I realized that many of the trees in AK probably do not have crotches.
    I sometimes take a crotch board along while hunting. Take a board and notch on each end and then wedge in a crotch of a tree. I attach a rope to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowchaser View Post
    I was going to recommend making a crotch board if you couldn't get a stand. Then I realized that many of the trees in AK probably do not have crotches.
    Sure they do! There's at least 3 trees with crotches in this photo alone:

Attachment 79924

....And we've got millions of square miles that look just like this. Pick a tree, any tree...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Those ain't trees
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Haha! I was about to say the same thing and post a picture of a a Sitka Spruce...aka a real tree, not some frail little poles with some brush on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post

Those ain't trees