Thread: Long trips with a small obj

Default Long trips with a small obj

What kind of distance do you guys run with your smaller obj sleds? I have made a lot of runs between 40-70 miles but I am planning on taking a trip around a 180. I am using a bare bones 1652j alweld and 40/28 yamaha. I am going to bring 40 gal which should leave me with enough to check out a few short tributaries.

Where are you going?

Wherever it is, bring more gas than you need. You can't use the gas you left at home (Ancient Yukon Proverb).

If you can - stash some at a couple places. 5 gal here, 5 gal there. Benchmark it and use it on your pull back. I always worry whether it will be there when I get there and need it though. I hear about Griz liking the taste of plastic fuel cans, but have not had that experience myself - but I don't stash it very often.

The Gf and I are leaving tomorrow for are trip down part of the Mississippi river in northern Mn. Close to the halfway point there is a gas station within walking distance if I am going through more then I planned on.

I see all the videos and pictures of the rivers you guys have up there and makes me wish we had that around here.