Thread: The Maine Freighter...HB improved

Default The Maine Freighter...HB improved

Kudos to this guy for keeping a great boat alive in an improved version. I thought some of you might like this good news.
    My only question is about the 3 keel hull for river use. The other improvements look great. Shipping and availability are unknown to me.
    http://www.tworiverscanoe.com/canoes.html
    http://emainehosting.com/SJOnline/SJPages/73.pdf

Yup... I like the lack of thwarts. I move around my HB a lot and must be very attentive of the up and over process. Those canoes should sell well in NE area.

Deep rivers would be fine for this lake boat. Three keels grinding along on a river bottom....not an ideal design for occasionally bouncing off the bottom....even worse when you get sideways and start scraping the bottom.

it looks good it is a BIG WATER CANOE not for small water , to heavy an big to pull up small streams by one person but it looks great
    SID

It looks like the HB form with the layup similar to modern drift boats, etc. Maybe they would make a few mods such as a smooth hull with enough rocker and proper weight for small river use if there was enough interest. I think it is the first prototype and you need to start somewhere(Maine local needs).
    Another good thing is that being USA made there would not be import/customs hassles for shipping, although the shipping cost has to be considerable.
    I would hope for a future Albany size river specific model myself.